Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

For instance Switzerland:

pour la Suisse les chiffres de screen daily donne une recette dollar de 20 726 000 (soit 15 540 000 euros)

I don't know whether this is based on better data than your $20m estimate.

My 20 mio USD estimate is old. Intouchables is still making great numbers here week by week.

the movie is great! i waited till dvd came out to see it as everyone is talking about it but had no idea what it was about only that omar sy was starring in it! he has a very popular sketch with a friend and fellow comedian named fred on canal+ !i loved it ,its very funny and endearing esp giving fact the other guy plays a tetraplegic ...Personally if they make a remake i want robert de niro as the guy in the wheelchair but i'm stomped as to who would play omar maybe edris elba he's tall enough but kinda old though i'd have a hard time believing he needs a helping hand to make something of himself, be more than he thought he could be!plus the score is great, you guys hsoud really try to see it subbed ! i'm not a fan of dubbed films no matter country of origins an actor's voice to me is part of his acting and so dubbing takes away from that!

I wasn't announced, the Weinsteins just had bought the rights to do an english remake long ago.

"Next, announced by Variety just moments ago, Bridesmaids director Paul Feig is in early negotiations to direct the English-language remake for The Weinstein Company, and Colin Firth is in early talks to star in the role played by François Cluzet. Variety says there's no script yet, but the Weinsteins are expected to hire a writer shortly, and a fall production start date is planned."

This article discusses the problems of a remake:

http://blogs.indiewi...ould-play-driss

oops hadnt read the thread yet before i posted, i supposed colin firth will do just fine now then my edris elba suggestion doesnt seem so bad now....i mean colin is a tall guy and heavy

wow those reviews in that link are harsh...this is where you see the difference of cultures!

its ok to have a film once in a while showing slavery or segregation time like "the help" but its not ok to show a film in contemporary times 21st century showing a black guy from projects working for a white rich person? what exactly do they think is going on in america, there's such a dichotomy going on on US tv between reality and fiction it would seem...(to be clear i'm reacting to a review saying it would need massive rewrite to be palatable to Us audience! i don't particularly like what that implies about americans, as i choose not to believe americans in general are uneducated and close-minded and stuck in the past)

and having seen the film , sure he's from la banlieue but its just depicted as is, they dont linger on it or make it seem like its a slum, its hinted at the gang activity but thats not what the movie is about , its about two unlikely people forging a friendship and moving forward a better person for having met that other person, for any person in a wheelchair who sees this they'll appreciate omar refreshing treatment to his employer which isnt fake or product of manufactured empathy motivated by paycheck

and as a black french woman i personally did not feel offended by anything in the film even though there's a scene that's very cliche that had me rolling my eyes but omar sy is so funny and charming and outgoing that you forgive him his over the top enthusiasm in said scene, note aside that birthday party was soooo ringard aka boring as hell!

Edited by ladyevenstar22

I just watched it and love it. Forget a remake, it won't work. The story is average. If it was not based on a true story, you would think it too artificial. The true masterpieces are the actors. I especially like François Cluzet , who is always smiling defying all his obvious problems. And Omar Sy is certainly impossible to replace with an American actor, who has to fill that character believable.

yes in Quebec next fridayrest of NA in may

That makes sense because it is French speaking. The funny thing is, Quebec is part of NA, and I'll bet you anything that Mojo will not count the gross next weekend in Quebec in the North American numbers.

That makes sense because it is French speaking. The funny thing is, Quebec is part of NA, and I'll bet you anything that Mojo will not count the gross next weekend in Quebec in the North American numbers.

Why? Are they not reportet the same way?Intouchables could be top 10.

Yes, after a little slump in Germany's week 12 Intouchables is back with a vengeance and has increased now for two weeks in a row, heading towards a multiplicator of 25. World domination is only a matter of months ...Looking forward to its run in Quebec, should do very well there too!

25x multiple :blink: :oJust wow... there's nothing more you can say about this beast.PS- French Canada alone can produce $2.5m OW? Impressive...