NickDisney13

Gretel and Hansel | Jan 31 2020 | Orion Pictures | Sophia Lillis

26 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

What about Fantasy Island which comes out 2 weeks after this?

Too soon to say. But they had better put the marketing into high gear on Fantasy Island. It's not on anybody radar, and at this point there should be a least a blimp.

Problem Fantasy Island has it might fall between two chairs; those who have fond memories of the original show might be turned off by it going dark into horror, and horror fans just might not care about a cheesy TV show retread ieven if it's being redone as horror.

Edited by dudalb

Man, it really looks like I'm in the minority in terms of liking the look of this movie. Well @Blaze Heatnix and I haha.

To your point Blaze, you're right on the money with the Ari Aster comment. It also has Sophia Lillis in it, who I think did a stellar job in It, so I'm willing to give her a chance here too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lilmac said:

I had no idea this was a thing until I saw the poster at the theater. Oh and OF COURSE the names would be reversed. 😦

It's a dumped movie. Marketing has been very weak, barely better than The Turning's.

I think the names were reversed so this movie wouldn't get confused with the one with Jeremy Renner, I guess...

• Like 1

The director's two previous films (The Blackcoat's Daughter and I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House) were both very slow and quiet, low on overt scares and generally more "arty". Not surprised by these A24 comments, nor by its inevitable low gross, those films were not remotely mainstream friendly.

Edited by Ithil

13 hours ago, DAJK said:

Lol at this being an art house type movie. Honestly I would have even enjoyed a Witch Hunters-type vibe more than that

You thought Osgood Perkins would do something that mainstream? 

The Blackcoats Daughter/ February suggests otherwise lol