CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

bJcII6E.gif

Venom-One-Sheet.jpg

I woke today thinking about what do to to enjoy the fact that tomorrow is a holiday. And what better to do than celebrate the last big weekend of the year by seeing Venom and BAH GAWD what a ride that was. It inspired me for a one weekend only return to BOT, this forsaken and wretched hive of scum and villany in the Internet.

ySDkC87.gif

In my days spent in the fortess of solitude, with no time for anything but to eat, sleep and work, BOT was always in my heart, as were the good people of here. I have been... taken by adulthood. I am sure a lot has changed in my time away. I still kept contact with a few members ( @MrPink 😍 ) that helped me in my hard times, and listening to my insane ramblings and rants against THE SYSTEM. But now, I decided to come back to the light for a few short days to see how things are in paradise.

a_star_is_born___movie_poster_by_notears

But lets get to the main topic of the week that is Ruben Fleischer Tom Rothman's VENOM. And bah gawd what a holy mess of greatness that is. And we are here together to celebrate the beginning of the SONY UNIVERSE OF MARVEL CHARACTERS. I don't know how things are going here with mods nowadays, but it seems like if they ever get into this thread... there will be carnage. Trolls, crazy lunatic fanboys, fucking younglings... so many bans, so little time @aabattery. Giant leaps will always come... at a cost. I will certainly need to behave, or else...

tumblr_pcr66gCq6I1wlhippo3_540.gif

Anyway guys, are spoilers still a ban worthy thing? Because this might be my first and lost post in a while if those are (jk I can't be banned, I am still all powerful and mighty). I am really not sure why I am posting this early. Guidelines? Fuck those, the world has enough @grim22s anyway. Go wild. Post stupid shit. Spoil the entirity of Venom to everyone. Maybe in a smart way where tecnically you can't be banned 👀 Btw these new emojis? UGLY AF. Where are the classic ones? What you silly mods done? Fucking hell guys. I was so happy when I started writing this and now I am mad. 😒

s8yT4gZU_400x400.jpg

Also, 100+ notifications?! What in the actual ass?!? Not a single message tho, fuck you guys 😒 Anyways, don't forget to donate as well. We have ALL OF SUMC ahead of us and Lady Gaga winning an Oscar as well. Plus, don't forget the moment when SUMC inevitably crosses over with the MCU and we get TOM HARDY vs TOM HOLLAND BAH GAWD FAM 2 BILLION DOLLARS AMY PASCAL HAS DREAMED WITH THIS SINCE FOREVAH!!!!!

bd444e70d979ca76ce1060dca64a0e8a.gif

Anyway guys, follow the rules, be nice to each other and don't post spoilers. Spoilers are bad. They hurt my feelings. And then I will have to report you and I don't wanna do that. This is gonna be a great weekend and we should all be together to celebrate it. And on Sunday, I will return to my fortress of solitude to never be seen again until 2019. WE ARE VENOM FAM!

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 18
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

So... how you been?

Surviving :whosad:

With work 1 hour+ away from where I live my weekdays are pretty much all work and no rest so I use the weekends to sleep and go to the movies. What about you?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

$7m suggests $62-63m OW for Venom if it performs like Ant-Man's OW. 

ASIB suggests mid $30m but I'm not sure if Deadline's figures include the previews from Tuesday and Wednesday

Edited by Jonwo

Some 2018 Venom comps for the weekend:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 45.5M (60%/11.5M)

Deadpool 2: 47.7M (38%/18.6M)

Black Panther: 54.5M (27%/25.2M)

.......Not great! Especially considering this started at 5 PM.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 3

I’d say low to mid $60M for Venom but if it performs more like a Deadpool film, it could miss $60M :ph34r:

I have no comps for a Star is Born but if it hits $3M, then $50M is off the table and it’s prob looking at around a $40-$45M debut 

Will have to see if numbers go higher 

A Star Is Born comps:

Mamma Mia!: 25.9M (74%/3.4M)

Ocean's 8: 26.2M (63%/4.5M)

The Martian: 54.3M (100%/2.5M)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'd lean towards low 40s right now. Comps are hard because we don't know how older skewing this will be.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

Venom needs at least 8.5 to be safe for 60 this weekend (assume the multi wont be spectacular). 60 is also the point at where I'd say this could be called a disappointment if it goes any lower. 

2.5 is gonna get blown out of the water. Gonna be 3+ come tomorrow morning

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Some 2018 Venom comps for the weekend:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 45.5M (60%/11.5M)

Deadpool 2: 47.7M (38%/18.6M)

Black Panther: 54.5M (27%/25.2M)

.......Not great! Especially considering this started at 5 PM.

God damn bots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So based on these numbers, Gravity's record isn't going down. Hell, The Martian probably isn't going down either (Paranormal 3 and Jackass 3D too?). We'll have to wait two more weeks for Michael to kill the record.

halloween5.gif?w=474&h=198

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1