CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Because it will vastly underperform compared to your unrealistically high expectations?

hmmf... no one expected Titanic or Avatar numbers either.

don't be on the wrong side of history brainbug

I still can't believe that A Star is Born only made less than 12 Mio on Friday with those kind of Sales at the Arclight locations. 
It's easily outselling Venom there.

I really though, with the kind of Music, it might also connect with the rural areas, but it really must be dead there, because big cities are absolutely huge for it.

Edit: I'm officially confused now.  So what is the real total for ASIB now? 15,8m incl all previews or $17,15m incl. all previews?

BOM is not having the $17,15m others have.

Edited by Poseidon

38 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I still can't believe that A Star is Born only made less than 12 Mio on Friday with those kind of Sales at the Arclight locations. 
It's easily outselling Venom there.

I really though, with the kind of Music, it might also connect with the rural areas, but it really must be dead there, because big cities are absolutely huge for it.

Edit: I'm officially confused now.  So what is the real total for ASIB now? 15,8m incl all previews or $17,15m incl. all previews?

BOM is not having the $17,15m others have.

Deadline and Box Office Report (BoxOffice.com) have confirmed that it is $15.8m (only including the $3.2m Thursday previews). The T/W previews are excluded, which is $1.35m.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Because it will vastly underperform compared to your unrealistically high expectations?

Alita is going to outright flop. Fox moved it for a reason, they knew that it would be an even more embarrassing flop going up against Aquaman, Mary Poppins and Bumblee. It never had anything resembling Avatar style attention because it's not a goddamn James Cameron movie. Nobody gives a shit about what Cameron produces, only what he directs.

• Like 1

Wow, I really enjoyed Venom! Theater was 100% full, there were claps and everybody had a good time with it.

I can't believe that I even considered not watching this movie because of critics. I'm glad that I trusted my sixth sense. Hardy was insanely great, the action was quite good and the running time was excellent.

I'm also glad that it had a simple story without references or trying to set up 1000 new movies that won't probably happen. I guess Sony did learn something after what happened to TASM 2. 

Post credit scene had a ton of people excited. I want Venom 2. They'll definitely need the R rating this time ( for obvious reasons ). 

• Like 7

Just now, Frozen said:

Is Sony still making the Kraven film?

I hope so if they put even half as much effort as they did into making that as they have done with Venom it will be a treat. 

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Holy shit Venom was INSANE. What a random ass movie. Definitely cant say it was boring tho

tenor.gif?itemid=11702570

It has more identity than Ant-Man & The Wasp, that is for sure.

• Like 3

Just now, CJohn said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11702570

It has more identity than Ant-Man & The Wasp, that is for sure.

Oh for sure. AMATW was a bit disappointing (still buying that digipak tho). Venom isnt as well made, but it is more entertaining methinks 🤔

• Like 3

Btw, my showing was LOADED with babies and toddlers. I dont know what the fuck these parents were thinking bring their infants to what's essentially a horror superhero movie. The one next to me that was being coddled throughout the entire movie almost knocked my soda over when she switched parents ffs

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Btw, my showing was LOADED with babies and toddlers. I dont know what the fuck these parents were thinking bring their infants to what's essentially a horror superhero movie. The one next to me that was being coddled throughout the entire movie almost knocked my soda over when she switched parents ffs

Tom Hardy fans come in all shapes and sizes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Geez Louise! The smarter thing to do would've been to take them to Smallfoot, and if they had already gone last week, they should've just made it a bowling night instead. Taking young kids to a film like Venom is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Welp, guess I'm not seeing Venom in the theater anymore.