CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

Venom is not missing 80M with that Saturday. It's actually going to outopen Ant-Man 2...... insane. Just imagine if the marketing campaign had actually tried a worth. 200 might not be completely mad to think about.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed with ASIB's Saturday hold, but given how old it skews (+ the Monday holiday), it'll probably drop strong enough on Sunday to cross 40M, and it'll monstrously leg it out throughout the week and the whole month of October, really. It doesn't face competition until November (Bohemian Rhapsody), so it'll hold on strong for a good while.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

37 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Just imagine if the marketing campaign had actually tried a worth.

I don't think you can fault the marketing at all here. Whatever they did, it clearly worked and it worked well.

• Like 9

I really hope Venom gets to 200M, it's the kind of movie that deserves to kick-start a successful franchise with a perfect lead for that.

Can't wait to see this guy interacting with Spider-Man a few years down the line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Didn't it debut with almost 400K? Poor Lady Gaga, she hasn't done those kind of numbers since 2011. Perhaps they should have cast Eminem in ASIB and made it a homosexual story - would have been more original and probably done Venom numbers now. 

he debuted with 434k without physical copies

38 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I don't think you can fault the marketing at all here. Whatever they did, it clearly worked and it worked well.

...I guess you're right. I was talking about my feelings on the campaign, which basically sold the movie as a generic sci-fi action movie with little interesting apart from Tom Hardy, though clearly it seemed to line up with what many others wanted to see - seeing by the millions and millions of YouTube views and all of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I really hope Venom gets to 200M, it's the kind of movie that deserves to kick-start a successful franchise with a perfect lead for that.

Can't wait to see this guy interacting with Spider-Man a few years down the line.

Unless its Miles Morales

Image result for nonononono gif

I'm glad nobody takes critics seriously anymore. I knew Rotten Tomatoes would implode eventually. After so many movies critics got wrong (Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Captain America Civil War, The Last Jedi, The Witch, The Legend of Tarzan, The Boss Baby, The Greatest Showman, The Meg, to name a few), people stopped trusting them.

• Haha 1