CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

On 10/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, WrathOfHan said:

So based on these numbers, Gravity's record isn't going down. Hell, The Martian probably isn't going down either (Paranormal 3 and Jackass 3D too?). We'll have to wait two more weeks for Michael to kill the record.

halloween5.gif?w=474&h=198

This post has aged well (unless Halloween does manage to beat Venom, which is tricky, but not impossible)

• Like 1

I am actually shocked at ASIB's numbers. I legit thought the film was cracking $50M during its OW. Its presales were way higher than Ocean's 8 and yet it's probably going to open around the same as that. 

*This isn't me saying ASIB is disappointing. It's opening well above its tracking. Just thought that $50M was possible based on presales. 

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I am actually shocked at ASIB's numbers. I legit thought the film was cracking $50M during its OW. Its presales were way higher than Ocean's 8 and yet it's probably going to open around the same as that. 

*This isn't me saying ASIB is disappointing. It's opening well above its tracking. Just thought that $50M was possible based on presales. 

Lady Gaga fans likely had an effect. Also, it's probably doing much better in metropolitan areas than in other states.

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Gaga fans might have made the film more presales-driven. When it comes to 8, almost all the actresses skew towards older audiences, or at the very least those who don't buy tickets right away. Even with Rihanna, she was far from the focal point of the film's marketing. Little Monsters are so crazy in love with Gaga they went out of their way to make bots to create fake Venom reviews on Twitter.