CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The movie began shooting almost a year ago so I doubt it's that unfinished. If anything, I'm sure it'll move to early August, which sure as hell needs...well, anything.

• Like 1

Great move. Also, while doing some research on IT, I was stunned to find out that the Dark Tower book is the highest selling King novel ever. That stunned me, considering I know alot of King fans and most haven't even read it, whereas I can name about 10 to 15 King stories with bigger fanbases. Though of course, most of those (Carrie, The Shining, The Stand, IT, Misery) all have popular movies or TV shows. Anyway, that includes overseas so may it is an overseas sensation. Or maybe the King fans I know aren't into this because it's a fantasy series. Anyway, that was a good sign. With solid reviews and a good trailer I could see a breakout hit for adults. 

people are mistaking this move of release date as a good thing. This movie is a turkey and sony has no confidence in it. It recently went through tons of reshoots and they are trying hard to fix it. Fant4stic all over again except we won't get a classic one for the ages quote from the director or anyone associated with this film.

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Great move. Also, while doing some research on IT, I was stunned to find out that the Dark Tower book is the highest selling King novel ever. That stunned me, considering I know alot of King fans and most haven't even read it, whereas I can name about 10 to 15 King stories with bigger fanbases. Though of course, most of those (Carrie, The Shining, The Stand, IT, Misery) all have popular movies or TV shows. Anyway, that includes overseas so may it is an overseas sensation. Or maybe the King fans I know aren't into this because it's a fantasy series. Anyway, that was a good sign. With solid reviews and a good trailer I could see a breakout hit for adults. 

Well yeah, he considers it to be his own magnum opus after all.

Plus yeah, The Dark Tower does seem to sell very well around here, it always seems to have more exposure in book stores than his other stuff.

• Like 2