CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

George Miller may not be doing Fury Road 2. 

Get him to do this instead

Somebody help me get some

sense into these studios

If you succeed in getting some sense into these studios...

Then George Miller is doing Fury Road 2.

Period. Done.

McConaughey: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/matthew-mcconaughey-dark-tower-stephen-king-villain-1201637643/

Matthew McConaughey has set his sights on an iconic Stephen King villain.

Sources tell Variety that Sony wants McConaughey to play  Walter Padick — aka the Man in Black — in Sony and MRC’s adaptation of King’s “The Dark Tower” franchise. McConaughey has just received the script and has not decided yet whether he will star.

Sony and MRC declined to comment.

Padick is a demonic sorcerer who Roland the gunslinger pursues in the first book. The character first appears in “The Stand” and goes by the name of Randall Flagg, a character that McConaughey was also offered to play. “The Gunslinger” will be the first in a series of films.

Nikolaj Arcel is directing the film, which is currently set to bow on Jan. 13, 2017.

http://www.thewrap.com/matthew-mcconaughey-eyed-to-star-in-stephen-kings-the-dark-tower-exclusive/

Matthew McConaughey is being eyed to play gunslinger Roland Deschain in the big screen adaptation of Stephen King‘s “The Dark Tower,” multiple individuals familiar with the situation have told TheWrap.

While insiders insist it’s early and neither side has committed, they admit preliminary discussions have taken place and both parties are interested in striking a deal.

Sony Pictures and MRC are co-financing the ambitious feature film, which Nikolaj Arcel will direct from a script by Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner that’s primarily based on the first book in King’s series, “The Gunslinger.”

A representative for Sony had no comment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Holy shit, unexpected but inspired casting!

Idris Elba in talks to be Roland:

http://deadline.com/2015/12/idris-elba-the-dark-tower-stephen-king-matthew-mcconaughey-1201663530/

That's fucking amazing casting.  I love me some Dark Tower and this is pretty incredible.

I need to go through the series again.  I read the first 3 a few times each waiting on Wizards and Glass.  But only 4-7 once each, and those were immediately upon release.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Erm, you mean Stephen King?

notsureifserious.gif

stephen king,yeah he's that bloke with the chair what eddie redmayne played aint he?

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Holy shit, unexpected but inspired casting!

Idris Elba in talks to be Roland:

http://deadline.com/2015/12/idris-elba-the-dark-tower-stephen-king-matthew-mcconaughey-1201663530/

That's fucking amazing casting.  I love me some Dark Tower and this is pretty incredible.

I need to go through the series again.  I read the first 3 a few times each waiting on Wizards and Glass.  But only 4-7 once each, and those were immediately upon release.  

Yeah, I read the first three pretty quickly, had to wait a year for Wizards & Glass, and honestly bogged down in it and didn't finish -- especially since book 5 was nowhere in sight.

Cut to years later, King had his accident and wrote books 5-7 in a blaze, and well after the final one came out in paperback, I decided to give the whole series a shot again, re-read 1-4 and then slammed through 5-7. Finished the last few pages with tears in my eyes. What a great, amazing conclusion... though I understand how it could've been frustrating to people who demand a conclusion to every digression and hint in the first three books.

It was a series started by a young writer just beginning his career, and finished by a middle-aged man who had a close brush with death... and it shows. Certainly not the most tidy or efficiently-plotted saga, but brilliant nevertheless.

• Like 1

Wait. Dark fantasy, science fiction, horror and western? This sounds fucking rad. I love fantasy but I haven't picked up a book in a few years. .Dunno how to get back into reading, though that might sound a bit odd.

• Like 1