Jump to content
kayumanggi

RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET | 328.2 M overseas ● 529.3 M worldwide

Recommended Posts

The movie opened in just 32 countries... and the holdovers should be good with holidays to come

 

Probably will land between $ 550 - 575M... below general expectations, but still solid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a $4.6 million weekend minus Japan's opening, around 42% drop. Should add at least another $10 million minus Japan from these territories.

 

Japan can probably add another $35-40 million.

 

Major markets left include Australia, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, South Korea, Germany, and France. The first film added about $90 million from these territories combined. WDAS is a much stronger brand today, so I'll say maybe another $120 million here. For reference, Moana added $132 million from these territories.

 

The other remaining small territories accounted for $17 million for the first film. A similar growth would lead to about $20 million for Ralph 2.

 

So it looks like final OS could be around $330-340 million. WW around $530-540 million. A bit disappointing for a WDAS film and not a big increase from the first film's $471 million WW.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

So a $4.6 million weekend minus Japan's opening, around 42% drop. Should add at least another $10 million minus Japan from these territories.

 

Japan can probably add another $35-40 million.

 

Major markets left include Australia, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, South Korea, Germany, and France. The first film added about $90 million from these territories combined. WDAS is a much stronger brand today, so I'll say maybe another $120 million here. For reference, Moana added $132 million from these territories.

 

The other remaining small territories accounted for $17 million for the first film. A similar growth would lead to about $20 million for Ralph 2.

 

So it looks like final OS could be around $330-340 million. WW around $530-540 million. A bit disappointing for a WDAS film and not a big increase from the first film's $471 million WW.

 

Brasil and especially Argentina's exchange rates are total trash compared with 2013. Hell, Argentina lc lost half of its value just this year. It has decreased in Chile and Colombia in USD (despite modest grow in lc)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

 

Brasil and especially Argentina's exchange rates are total trash compared with 2013. Hell, Argentina lc lost half of its value just this year. It has decreased in Chile and Colombia in USD (despite modest grow in lc)  

You're right that the ER in general is much worse than for the first film. I'm not expecting much from Argentina, but I think Brazil has the potential for small growth even with the ER drop. Disney films in general seem to be more popular there in recent years. 

 

In any case, I think over $300 million OS is locked as well as over $500 million WW. Don't see any other milestones for Ralph 2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ralph was too niche from the beginning & it hasn't really grown out of that despite the princesses' help. and may be Internet is not the best theme for animation. anyway it's good WDAS was following ideas & not the money but we'll see the real power (or not) of sequels for WDAS with Frozen 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET

ralph-bti-6.jpg?w=301&h=202&crop=1
Walt Disney Studios

Disney’s Wreck-It-Ralph sequel punched up another $13.7M in 32 markets for an offshore cume of $174.7M and $350.4Mglobally. Ralph broke into Australia on December 26 with $5.3M through the session. This is Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 3rd best opening ever, behind Frozen and Tangled, and is 20% ahead of the original. In Japan, Ralph was the No. 1 Western release for the second consecutive weekend

 

As with other family fare, holds were up in several markets including the Netherlands (+141%), Belgium (+111%), UK (+20%), Portugal (+11%) and Spain (+6%). Staggered release continues next weekend in Italy, Korea and Brazil along with Switzerland and Argentina.

The Top 5 markets to date are China ($39M), Mexico ($17.2M), the UK ($16.8M), Japan ($15.6M) and Russia ($12.6M).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally doubled its production budget, but yeah, kind of an anemic worldwide performance so far.

Edited by Marathon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't expecting a billion or anything but I did think that 650mil worldwide was in the cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Marathon said:

Finally doubled its production budget, but yeah, kind of an anemic worldwide performance so far.

 

The staggered release is making it look a lot worse too. On a market to market basis, Ralph 2 seems to be performing either slightly above or below Moana so far. But yes, this will end up the lowest grossing post-Renaissance WDAS title since the original Wreck-It Ralph. It's a good thing the studio has Frozen 2 coming out next year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah still got the big markets in France, Italy and Germany to come but yeah a bit disappointed it won't hit $600M WW. Still will be the highest grossing animated film this season at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not releasing it everywhere at the same time was a mistake, they lost any possibility of global momentum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.