kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

22 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Its out as digital and disc in dom (28 May and 11 June)... Strangely, as I did look up the dom HV release dates, amazon US showed only Prime video as per amazon, no amazon sale for the discs version possible???

Amazon and Disney have had a dispute going on between them since 2016 (and they had another one back in 2014 since I remember it affecting my purchase of TWS) so they only get briefly listed on the site and then get pulled, and the pre-orders that do make it in usually have delays as well. Last year for a while they were making those titles Prime only so it's better just to skip Amazon.com if wanting to buy these movies. The Amazons in other countries don't have this issue, it's just the US one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gamora said:

Amazon and Disney have had a dispute going on between them since 2016 (and they had another one back in 2014 since I remember it affecting my purchase of TWS) so they only get briefly listed on the site and then get pulled, and the pre-orders that do make it in usually have delays as well. Last year for a while they were making those titles Prime only so it's better just to skip Amazon.com if wanting to buy these movies. The Amazons in other countries don't have this issue, it's just the US one.

Thank you a lot. I knew about the try of amazon to get better conditions than the other resellers but wasn't aware its still an issue in the US store, as it seems indeed not to be an issue at my countries version as you said.

I did have a prime account in the past for then buying a lot for the library, but used it only for prints or similar, never their digital video thing. Then I learned the publisher details and they increased the price for it repeatedly, so I quit with prime entirely (new German books I buy at a book store).

I also refuse to buy anything Kindle related, I buy my digital versions of books per other resellers or per the publishers, if they are allowing it for my location.

I use amazon foremost for looking up release dates and, depending which kind of goods, also for reviews, a first description impression thing.

I really hate their software that increasingly tries to suggest items I did not add in the search box (like e.g. I add a certain tool type and get the lesser quality version or mass ware), ignores a lot of the versions I'd prefer (like cheap used book titles not showing up if searching per price or strangely ignoring very well received tools in the per review search findings entirely).

It gets less and less usable in my POV and their methods against small publishers or established self publishing authors are disgusting (in my POV even criminal), hence why I never buy new books per amazon since years (beside sometimes foreign language books, in my region still very difficult to get).

If I need a original part for a tool they can be good to be ~ sure its not a fake. I hope that's still the case. Started to look up other sources for that as well.

• Like 1