kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

9 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

420 dom seems pretty low at this point tbh. Not sure how high it can go but only 20mil after this past weekend doesn't seem right.

Pessimistically could be about 425 imo, but probably higher. 

8 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

420 dom seems pretty low at this point tbh. Not sure how high it can go but only 20mil after this past weekend doesn't seem right.

Yes it should do more than that but I was playing it safe. 

Black Panther made about 18.7m from this day onwards after a weekend of 4.932m. Thats a 3.79 multi off of this weekend. The same multiplier will give Captain Marvel 34.5m more domestic for a total of 434m. Good news for Captain Marvel is that it is in about 725 more theatres than Black Panther was at the same day so that should help. 

So if it follows Black Panther almost exactly in dom and OS from here on out it will get to 1.14b. I think that is unlikely but I hope it does even better and get to 1.15b ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yes it should do more than that but I was playing it safe. 

Black Panther made about 18.7m from this day onwards after a weekend of 4.932m. Thats a 3.79 multi off of this weekend. The same multiplier will give Captain Marvel 34.5m more domestic for a total of 434m. Good news for Captain Marvel is that it is in about 725 more theatres than Black Panther was at the same day so that should help. 

So if it follows Black Panther almost exactly in dom and OS from here on out it will get to 1.14b. I think that is unlikely but I hope it does even better and get to 1.15b ;)

1.148 ftw. 

On 3/20/2019 at 5:34 PM, Taruseth said:

Thanks

I would theoretically go with more than 2m adm in Germany, but I am not 100% certain.

For 26M it would need about 2.17M adm (Average ticket price is $12) not sold on that, but it certainly is possible, would be a 3.4x.

Ups...

So more like that (changed order based on est final gross) and (% grossed in the first week (7-9 days))

China: 155M (69.7%) (7 days)

UK: 45M (49.3%) (7 days)

SK: 43M (65.8%) (9 days)

Brazil: 38M (46.6%) (8 days)

Mexico: 34M (48.5%) (7 days)

Aus: 28M (49.3%) (8 days)

Ger: 26M (38%) (8 days)

France: 25M (44%) (9 days)

Jp: 22M (34.5%) (7 days)

Indonesia: 20M (68.5%) (9 days)

Russia: 20M (64.5%) (8 days)

India: 15M (63.7%) (7 days)

Rest: 225M (This is probably of so much) (51.3%) (this seems pretty good when compared to some of the other markets)

So it has short legs in Asia (China, Sk, Indonesia, Russia (okay that is population wise Europe), India have >60% in the first week)

Then UK, Aus, Mexico, Brazil between 46 and 50% in the first week and France with 44% (despite opening on Wednesday)

And Germany and Japan with less than 40% during the first 8/7 days

That would be 696M damn it needs to get that additional 4M somewhere.

Finals probably will be around.

China $154M

UK final $49-50M 

SK 44.6M

Brazil: 38.5M 

Mexico: 33.5M 

Aus: 29-30M

Ger: 25M 

France: 27M 

Jp: 18M

Indonesia: 19.5M 

Russia: 20M

India: 14.5M

total 474.6M

And Rest about 225-230M

Would give WW total about 700-705M

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

That’s brutal but a pretty okay drop all things considered.

And 1.1B officially reached, so the only big milestone left is $700M OS

Top 20 DOM is a big milestone in my eyes, need 435M to beat E.T.

Edited by Thanos Legion

On 4/23/2019 at 5:04 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Overall

Last week (08-14 April) - 13.9

This week (15-21 April) - 12.08

Drop - 13.09%

Wow thats an amazing drop. Partly thanks to Easter and partly thanks to people rushing out to see this one last time before Endgame. From what I could find Black Panther made slightly more amount going into the week of release of Infinity War than it did in the week of release before Infinity War. If CM follows the same trajectory, it will make around 12-15m more from here on out. That will take it 700-705m OS. More than this seems unlikely although CM has had incredible late legs and will reach 700 when a few weeks back some including I thought it would falter out at 680-690. 

So total perhaps might be 1.125b if it gets to 420 Dom. 

Overall

Last week (15-21 April) - 12.08

This week (22-28 April) - 6.521

Drop - 46%

As expected, it fell harder than previous weeks. The bump that CM experienced in Dom was never going to happen internationally but still its not a huge drop. But still 700m is a lock now. 

@john2000

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Overall

Drop - 46%

As expected, it fell harder than previous weeks. The bump that CM experienced in Dom was never going to happen internationally but still its not a huge drop. But still 700m is a lock now. 

by next week maybe ?

42 minutes ago, john2000 said:

by next week maybe ?

Will require just a 48% drop or better. I don't see why not, nothing big is opening this weekend anyways. Only possible reason it could miss hitting that mark by this coming weekend is that people who wanted to catch CM before Endgame would have already done so. Conversely it could see a good hold if people who have not seen CM, see her in Endgame and decide to check the movie out. 

Regardless, it is hitting that 700m mark. 

Captain Marvel also made 20m worldwide this past week. So even if it drops 50% from here on wards it will still get to 1.13b. However Black Panther made a further 11.694m after Infinity War opened off of a 4.736m weekend. Thats a multi of 2.469. If CM has the same multi as BP then it will make a further 20m domestically itself. Drops of 40% or better OS will lead to another 10m or so OS. So optimistically it can get to 1.14b.

Getting to 1.15b will require better than optimistic holds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Conversely it could see a good hold if people who have not seen CM, see her in Endgame and decide to check the movie out. 

I decided to watch CM again instead of A EG.

Countryside cinema, some screens, half of those rather small rooms

we were only 14 people in a small room (funnily the exact same count the last time I managed to go to a cinema for CM, around 2-3 weeks back, in an even smaller cinema with only 4 screens). Out of the reactions I guess at least half had not seen it yet.

Females reacted 'louder' than the males, as usual (beside around the release week+)

• Like 1

Forgot why I opened the thread,

CM reached in DOM #5 MCU (surpassed CA CW and IM 3), has for the moment only the 3 earlier Avenger movies and BP higher up, will loose soon a place to A EG

WW CM fell from #7 to #8, see A EG already having surpassed it.

CM is missing ~ 300k, than it will have $50m on BP in OS

= soon CM will be #6 in dom, #7 in OS, and #8 in ww of the MCU chart

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 11:52 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Overall

Drop - 46%

@john2000

Overall

Last week (22-28 April) - 6.521

This week (29-05 May) - 2.7

Drop - 58.59%

Big drop this weekend but will still get to 700m this coming week. 

Currently total is at 1.12b and it made 7m domestically this past week. I dont see it going past 1.13b by a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1