kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

Okay, this is what I got with the numbers for the previews (1 hour to go) in CHILE 

Bohemian Rhapsody Comp: 1,86m USD OW

Thor Ragnarok comp: 2,5m USD OW

TAKE WITH HUGE AMOUNT OF SALT. This is based on a lot of assumptions. Let's see if this get close or hilariously wrong. 

Edit: In any case, I would be shocked if this doesn't get the best solo opening of the MCU

Captain Marvel is also looking to have the widest release of the year so far. Over 800+ showtimes (Widest so far was Dragon 3 with 700) 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

Okay, this is what I got with the numbers for the previews (1 hour to go) in CHILE 

Bohemian Rhapsody Comp: 1,86m USD OW

Thor Ragnarok comp: 2,5m USD OW

TAKE WITH HUGE AMOUNT OF SALT. This is based on a lot of assumptions. Let's see if this get close or hilariously wrong. 

Captain Marvel is also looking to have the widest release of the year so far. Over 800+ showtimes (Widest so far was Dragon 3 with 700) 

What's the highest grossing SH film in Chile?

Just now, UserHN said:

What's the highest grossing SH film in Chile?

Infinity War with 14,5m USD. Is also the most viewed movie of all time. IW opened with 4,5m. After that, the best are Ultron with 2,5m and for solo movies the highest Thor Ragnarok with 1,3m. Mind you that Chile is just in the middle of Latin American countries in how much it likes SH movies. 

4 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Infinity War with 14,5m USD. Is also the most viewed movie of all time. IW opened with 4,5m. After that, the best are Ultron with 2,5m and for solo movies the highest Thor Ragnarok with 1,3m. Mind you that Chile is just in the middle of Latin American countries in how much it likes SH movies. 

Which LA countries are the most superhero-receptive? Brazil and Argentina?

When I said 500M OW yesterday I was like 90% joking.     

Starting to feel like I might not be joking at all the next time I say it (which is not yet, to be clear — maybe 24-36 hours from now if things continue to go well).

7 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Which LA countries are the most superhero-receptive? Brazil and Argentina?

Most receptive are Mexico, Colombia, Brazil. 

Argentina and Uruguay are by far the least receptive. Chile is actually closer to them than to Mexico and cia but still near the middle I would say. 

LA BO taste is broadly similar but in the Southern Cone (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay) animated movies are stronger, while SH is strongest in Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, etc.

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

Most receptive are Mexico, Colombia, Brazil. 

Argentina and Uruguay are by far the least receptive. Chile is actually closer to them than to Mexico and cia but still near the middle I would say. 

LA BO taste is broadly similar but in the Southern Cone (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay) animated movies are stronger, while SH is strongest in Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, etc.

Well, my 22:00 pm showing in Montevideo Uruguay is already at 193/245 😏 we're being nice with queen Brie 😜

Edited by lor15
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Would be amazing if all 3 MCU films go above $600M OS this year. Captain Marvel's OS performance is making me feel more bullish about Far From Home's OS chances (though that pesky TLK stands in the way of that film).

Pesky TLK :rofl: Yeah but for sure I think Far from home grosses 1 Billion WW. Dom 400 M and OS 600 M

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Pesky TLK :rofl: Yeah but for sure I think Far from home grosses 1 Billion WW. Dom 400 M and OS 600 M

I don't think FFH hits 400M DOM. Unless there is novelty like BP(and most likely Captain Marvel), looks like MCU Solo movies cap at around 300-360M DOM.

5 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

I don't think FFH hits 400M DOM. Unless there is novelty like BP(and most likely Captain Marvel), looks like MCU Solo movies cap at around 300-360M DOM.

Most MCU sequels increase by more than 12% though. I don’t see much point speculating about FFH until after Endgame though, could have a huge influence for the positive or negative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Olive said:

Taipei city numbers

CM 10.35M best OD for solo super-hero

Ant-man 2 7.51

JW2 11.64m

TA3 16.43m best non-holiday OD

Have you heard any chatters around you in China about CM, which can lead us to have a grasp of what a possible WOM will be? I'm hoping for at least an 8.5 in Maoyan.

Just now, UserHN said:

Have you heard any chatters around you in China about CM, which can lead us to have a grasp of what a possible WOM will be? I'm hoping for at least an 8.5 in Maoyan.

I'm not so confident in its WOM, but should be better than BP at least.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1