kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

24 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The problem I have a bit with you so pushing for interpretation is, I think its a bit too much, and, a bit too much work for the others in the meaning:

We do have year per year during different days e.g. carnival, Eastern, ... Certain holidays do not have a fixed date.

Than we have different months' general situation, like a Christmas movie might not be that successful during a heat wave in summer (or the opposite), there are patterns per months, but see flexible dates for certain holidays,... and e.g. Christmas western version not at the same time as eastern version,...

Not a lot of data for certain genre-months combinations

Its not that long that we even get workday numbers, and usually only for the big blockbusters, only for a time into its run

= there isn't that much data to be sure in my POV

I didn't intend to be pushy. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I didn't intend to be pushy. Sorry about that.

I fully undestand to want data, and I guess if you see posts like Charlie wrote after mine, you'll understand. I mostly wanted to give you a hint why at certain threads and for some days no one will answer or give an answer that you can feel ~ sure about.

For e.g. someone like me, who really wants to help and gives answers, it can be a bit stressful when not so many compareable data is there.

After a movie is released for a while sometimes patterns emerge, of similarities in e.g. % up and % down get realised. Like sometimes a movie gets the same % pattern like another movie, beside the other movie is only 1/4 or 3x the size = not that obvious. Someone has to find it first.

Add the varying local events, receptions, in this case very varying size how big the IWD is in a country or even only a region,.... = how to interpret the Friday of OW,... So many flexible details.

I feel like I swim / float instead of moving on a road in this case maybe even more than usual.

If I'd know the answers I wouldn't feel 'stressed' at all. But ask as you want, dont hesistate, just be aware 'we' are not impolite for not answering always (I really hate it to be ~ impolite - not the best word)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

Beauty and the Beast (2017)

- 72% (Monday)

+ 32.1% (Tuesday)

Captain Marvel

- 71.7% (Monday)

+ 33% (Tuesday)

Damn. These 2 movies behave amazingly similar to each other in terms of weekday holds. I just hope CM can also drop like BatB in the weekends.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

It opened in all market at once ... :huh:

yep, that's why then they say it's the biggest OS OW for MCU or whatever, it isn't quite fare to movies that didn't have day and date roll-out but a slower one. many movies open in China and some other markets weeks later. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yep, that's why then they say it's the biggest OS OW for MCU or whatever, it isn't quite fare to movies that didn't have day and date roll-out but a slower one. many movies open in China and some other markets weeks later. 

I mean I dont pay that much attention to non-avenger MCU OS runs but I just recently realized that its a pretty big opening none the less.

That WW OW makes it only 2nd to IW for a CBM

2 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I mean I dont pay that much attention to non-avenger MCU OS runs but I just recently realized that its a pretty big opening none the less.

That WW OW makes it only 2nd to IW for a CBM

no it's definitely big opening but you cannot expect such opening from a movie that didn't open in China and some other big markets (usually Italy is left for later for some reason, and some other). take those 2 out of CM opening and it goes down by almost 100M. it's no knock against its OW, just that apples should be compared to apples (movies with the same or similar rollout) and oranges to oranges. 

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

It opened in all market at once ... :huh:

That's getting the norm, with Japan often being the market where it opens later.

Almost all movies open in a majority of the markets at roughly the same time, most of the time around 95% of markets open on back to back weekends, with CM, IW (opening in all but 1 or 2 markets)

Animation is where release dates are still spread out a lot.

For example, the June Pixar release gets released during June to End of September, with the last market being Germany (though I actually think that this year they pulled TS4 closer together)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I never understood those ways.

Add up all OWs, that should be the International OW, not how they do it. To me the actual version  is not logical

On 3/11/2019 at 12:50 AM, Rthmar-vell said:

CM

-China -3rd Highest MCU OWe, +43% BP

-Korea 6th Western IOWE, Highest 1st SA MCU OWe Highest March, +22% Ahead BP

-Australia , Highest 1st SA MCU Owe, Highest MArch Owe, +30% Ahead BP

-Indonesia 2nd Highest Western OWe, 2nd highest MCU OWe, Highest 1st SA MCU, Highest March, +22% BP

-Russia Highest 1st SA MCU Owe, 2nd Highest March, +102% BP

-India 9th biggest Western OWe, Highest !st SA MCU, Highest Western March Owe, +99% BP

-Thailand 5th Highest OWe, Highest 1st SA MCU, Highest Western March OWe, +42% BP

-Taiwan Highest 1st SA MCU, Highest March , +42% BP

-Phillipines 4th highest OWe,Highest 1st SA MCU , Highest Western March OWe, +32% BP

-Malaysia-9th highest  OWe, highest 1st SA MCU, highest western March OWe, +65% BP

-Vietnam 2nd highest OWe, highest MCU  & Western March OWe, +52% BP

-Singapore Highest 1st Sa MCU, 2nd Highest western March OWE, +22% BP

-Brazil 2nd Highest OWe, highest 1st SA MCU Highest March OWe, +66% BP

-Mexico 5th Highest OWe, Highest March OWe, +44% BP

-Rest LA Highest industry Opening Weekends all time, #3 PAraguay, #4 Peru, #6 Panama Chile Ecuado, #7 Columbia

-UK/IRE highest 1st SA MCU 3rd Highest March,  BP opened Tuesday +25% BP Fri-Sun

-France Highest 1st SA MCU, 3rd highest March, +48% BP

-Italy Highest 1st SA MCU, +76% BP

-Spain  highest 1st SA MCU, +76% BP

-Rest EU 2nd Highest Owe Ukraine, 2nd Highest MCU Belgium, Bosnia, Croatia, Netherlands, Romania, Serbia Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey. Highest March Austria, Belgium , Iceland Netherlands(non local) Slovenia,Turkey (US Studios) 

Imax -Highest Marvel 2nd Highest OWe, Biggest Imax Owe in 12 Intl Territories inclu Germany, Ukraine, India, Puerto Rico

I'd like to add figures for...

Greece: I haven't got any numbers for local currency but in admissions it is highest 1st SA MCU OWe, 6th biggest MCU OWe, +55% from BP. 4th highest 1st SA overall (Hancock, Venom and Deadpool were higher – and Spider-Man probably but no numbers available). Including Monday holiday, -4% from Marvel's the Avengers. Not as great as most countries but very good in relative terms.

more here: 

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2