kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

This seems likely will be the case.

What DOM Wed are we looking at? So far, CM had the same trajectory as BatB. BatB dropped 35.5% Wed. If CM were to do that, we expect around $9.4M Wed.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Captain Marvel

Date Gross (in ₹ crores) Gross in $ % +/- YD / LW* Gross-to-Date
Mar. 8, 2019 ₹15.55 $2,219,843     $2,219,843
Mar. 9, 2019 ₹16.85 $2,407,487 8.45%   $4,627,330
Mar. 10, 2019 ₹16.21 $2,316,045 -3.80%   $6,943,375
Mar. 11, 2019 ₹6.09 $871,245 -62.38%   $7,814,620
Mar. 12, 2019 ₹5.08 $726,574 -16.61%   $8,541,193
Mar. 13, 2019 ₹4.30 $615,451 -15.29%   $9,156,644

Reveal hidden contents

Black Panther

Reveal hidden contents

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Taruseth said:

hat's getting the norm, with Japan often being the market where it opens later.

Almost all movies open in a majority of the markets at roughly the same time, most of the time around 95% of markets open

I really don't think so especially MCU movies

25 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I really don't think so especially MCU movies

recent years:

If some countries are behind, its usually Russia, Japan, China (can be early too), UAE, a few of the small marketes like Venezuela, and India  (depends on language version, English less likley to get a late release). But usually not all of them at once.

A local event,... can be the reason for a time-span between the voad relase time-span and the occasional exception.

The  'rest' aka the huge majority, is usual in the same week, +/- 1 (e.g. local school holidays,....) = roughly the same time

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Disney_CaptainMarvel_2019.pngshall be around $196mn in US and $375-378mn internationally through Thursday, giving it $571-574mn Worldwide total. In its second weekend, shall add $68-72mn in US and $85-90mn internationally, for $625-735mn by Sunday.

I think there might be a typo in this. Diff ww is $110m in this, should probably $10m

Edited by terrestrial
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Disney_CaptainMarvel_2019.pngshall be around $196mn in US and $375-378mn internationally through Thursday, giving it $571-574mn Worldwide total. In its second weekend, shall add $68-72mn in US and $85-90mn internationally, for $625-735mn by Sunday.

good drop or bad drop international ?  without china sec weekend that will affect it a lot also can someone tell me if he knows of course how was black panther  after 2 weekend (i mean weekend drop not weekdays )

Edited by john2000
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, john2000 said:

good drop or bad drop international ?  without china sec weekend that will affect it a lot also can someone tell me if he knows of course how was black panther  after 2 weekend

Bro, here's a thing. If it was doing bad, I won't be giving it much time. I don't like making myself sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, john2000 said:

good drop or bad drop international ?  without china sec weekend that will affect it a lot also can someone tell me if he knows of course how was black panther  after 2 weekend

You can click at Mojo on 'per weekend'. 

OW

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&id=marvel2017b.htm

If you click on foreign its pre ... (term?) to present the foreigns per countrry, above the chart for it is the tab for it

But: BOM has a software problem to show the foreign weekends with the correct date, its better to count them (not sue of always or only under certain conditions, I count down since years, do not check dates anymore, maybe its solved)

You then have to click on the 2nd date to see its chart / details

In this case Russia got added:

2nd WE

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2018W8&id=marvel2017b.htm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Bro, here's a thing. If it was doing bad, I won't be giving it much time. I don't like making myself sad.

when did i said that it was doing bad ? i am not an idiot i think that i know some thing about box office and captain marvels run is vrey good except in china etc i just wanted a comparison

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

You can click at Mojo on 'per weekend'. 

OW

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&id=marvel2017b.htm

If you click on foreign its pre ... (term?) to present the foreigns per countrry, above the chart for it is the tab for it

But: BOM has a software problem to show the foreign weekends with the correct date, its better to count them (not sue of always or only under certain conditions, I count down since years, do not check dates anymore, maybe its solved)

You then have to click on the 2nd date to see its chart / details

In this case Russia got added:

2nd WE

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2018W8&id=marvel2017b.htm

oh thank you very much i  didnt think of that to be honest :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

when did i said that it was doing bad ? i am not an idiot i think that i know some thing about box office and captain marvels run is vrey good except in china etc i just wanted a comparison

I think you missed his point: He wouldnt post, if the numbers were bad.

Read some pages back, maybe you then get why that isn't a question to be aswered simple for OS weekdays.

In addition to what was already posted: all markets change for the moment, general up and down trends, general more presales, more tickets reserved,.... but often less audience. We have over 200 countries on earth. Data exists often only for weekends, if at all....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

I think you missed his point: He wouldnt post, if the numbers were bad.

Read some pages back, maybe you then get why that isn't a question to be aswered simple for OS weekdays.

In addition to what was already posted: all markets change for the moment, general up and down trends, general more presales, more tickets reserved,.... but often less audience. We have over 200 countries on earth. Data exists often only for weekends, if at all....

i was talking about overseas second weekend though maybe i understood something wrond wasnt talking about weekdays 

17 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i was talking about overseas second weekend though maybe i understood something wrond wasnt talking about weekdays 

Might be a language thing, but to me your wordings... I at least didn't understood it that way. Plus your wordings sounded not friendly in at least one post.

Be aware, ppl work, study,... let them post their numbers, you and someone else seem to ask in every thread possible (or so it feels to me in a way) for additional evaluation, to answer those kind of questions it takes partly a lot of work, or its too early to even try or,....

OS is difficult, hence the hint to read back a few pages, there it was explained why its difficult to evaluate.

Including OS WE

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Might be a language thing, but to me your wordings... I at least didn't understood it that way. Plus your wordings sounded not friendly in at least one post.

Be aware, ppl work, study,... let them post their numbers, you and someone else seem to ask in every thread possible (or so it feels to me in a way) for additional evaluation, to answer those kind of questions it takes partly a lot of work, or its too early to even try or,....

OS is difficult, hence the hint to read back a few pages, there it was explained why its difficult to evaluate.

Including OS WE

well i dont know english well first and second from what i recall i responed most of the times than ask ,thats not so say that i dont make question i do many times but thats only bc i am new guy ,not an expert at the box office so i cant possible know what some things means ,also i  know that it takes plenty of works for the numbers to come  hence why when i am asking i after the numbers come :) ,most of you are very long time in this forum but i have some months that i became member (cant recall when ) ,so captain marvel  my first blockbuster where i had the chance (and thank to the people who do the hard work ) to watch  and maybe learn somethings again sorry if it comes with the wrong way :)

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1