kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

15 minutes ago, john2000 said:

well i dont know english well first and second from what i recall i responed most of the times than ask ,thats not so say that i dont make question i do many times but thats only bc i am new guy ,not an expert at the box office so i cant possible know what some things means

My English is mainly self-trained, a lot here are not native English speakers also.

Suggestion: ask how you can learn, see e.g. where you can look up and such.

Silent readers then get to see links... too.

Charlie's data = not, but see your question about 2nd weekend of BP OS, for those kind there are websites.

But:

BOM has one major problem: it adjusts to new exchange rates, dismisses the real numbers at the time of release. In their summary at least.

That can have a major impact in countries with strongly changed exchange rates, see Venezuela. There are a few examples in the Venezuelan thread about how massive of an impact that can have.

And in the OS sums.

Sometimes its more informative to find out local currencies or admissions for a ~ fair comparison, it depends strongly on what kind of comparison someone is looking for.

There are often missed possibilities at e.g. BOM, The-Numbers.com to switch to local currency, est admissions (not presenting correctly in the Venezuelan case)....

The-Numbers.com I like more for certain details, but they are sometimes behind for late into the release / late arriving BO OS details. Both websites offer a lot of comparison possibilities The-Numbers even allows custom made ones (done by yourself) for dom....

Edited by terrestrial
  • Thanks 1

The more I think about bias against this film, the more I hope for big merchandise sales too.

Because there are the (patly very) old men in the highest up positiones or are owning lots of % of Disney, that hindred since ages female o PoC leads, only belief in Spidey, they are the reasosn Black Widow didn't get then nice merchandise designs / way less variations... 'boys dont buy girl-heroes stull' and 'girls want princess stuff ~ only'... also for Feige to have to have to fight a long time for BP... at all and the budgets he got.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The more I think about bias against this film, the more I hope for big merchandise sales too.

Because there are the (patly very) old men in the highest up positiones or are owning lots of % of Disney, that hindred since ages female o PoC leads, only belief in Spidey, they are the reasosn Black Widow didn't get then nice merchandise designs / way less variations... 'boys dont buy girl-heroes stull' and 'girls want princess stuff ~ only'... also for Feige to have to have to fight a long time for BP... at all and the budgets he got.

Indeed and they were wrong. Female, black, white, male, animation only.... I could care less as many others don't either. I like them all and will see them all. In fact I hope we see even more of it. The more barriers we can shatter the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

How is it looking for the weekend going by the numbers so far?

CM will be at around 565M before weekend (around 8M will be DOM gross for Thu and 7-8M or so from Thu OS gross will be counted towards weekdays).

For weekend, I see

DOM: 60M

CHN: 20M

JPN: 5M

Other Holdovers: 75M (-65%)

Cume will be around 725-730M.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I hope OS 2d weekend will be way better than 100M. that would be quite a drop from 300M+

That $300M+ also include grosses from some countries that opened on Wed and Thu. And it also doesn't help that China is about to dive 75%+ from last weekend.

• Like 2

So, let’s see:  

3/6 ~15M, OS-C 15

3/7 ~30M, OS-C 28

3/8 83M, OS-C 51

3/9 ~105M, OS-C 72

3/10 ~76M, OS-C 55

3/11 22.4M, OS-C 16

3/12  19.5M, OS-C 14.5

3/13  17.4M,  OS-C 13.2   

Cume as of 3/13 362.6, OS-C 258

Let me know if any any of those approximated ones look particularly off. Hopefully a nice OS-C weekend hold, but could be tough with such a big opening.    

Edit: Same data presented much nicer and more precisely by Charlie a couple posts down.

Edited by Thanos Legion