Eric Atreides

The Gentlemen l STX l January 24, 2020 | Guy Ritchie directs l COLIN FARRELL IS HERE l Also Matthew McConaughey, Henry Golding | Hugh Grant in fine form.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:12 PM, Nova said:

Really hoping for a mini break out for this movie. I wonder if it can be a good counter programmer for what’s out right now. 

Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Looks like audiences blew their load on Bad Boys and likely saving their theatre dollars for BoP next. It's tracking for under $10M (depending on who you ask).

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

The Gentlemen is adding about 500 theatres this weekend. So look for a minimal drop, it could be surprising.  It is a good sign that the word of mouth is decent and will bring more bums into seats. The film will pass $20m domestic and $50m WW this weekend. I wonder where it will end up though, I'm hoping it has a decent multiple so I can see a sequel with The Coach and Fletcher.

This was from Deadline

"At $11M, STX is content with the results of Miramax’s The Gentlemen which they acquired U.S. rights on for $7M and spent around $25M in P&A. Rival sources mostly agree that STX will be fine profit-wise as the pic is your run-of-the-mill meat-and-potatoes low budget action film for dudes in January and those movies do well in the ancillary market."

Edited by Warlock
Formatting
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I wanna ask a question about the story(and I can't find a spoiler thread)

Hide contents

how important is the character played by Henry Golding? I heard that's a Chinese Gangster Beat. And I'm worrying it can't get a theatrical release plan in China.

He's part of the main plot, central to keeping to story moving. But I don't know how likely that makes a Chinese release.

I enjoyed it very much. If snatch gets a 99/100 (one of my top 10 all time) then I'd give gentlemen about a 90. Very solid, plenty of fun.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 3:58 AM, Warlock said:

The Gentlemen should go close to 70 million worldwide after this weekend. Not bad considering it cost 22 million and is still going reasonably strong. I think it should hit 80 million before the end of its box office run.

With the fantastic run in Russia and good holds in the US already passed $100M

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2020/10/the-gentlemen-tv-series-guy-ritchie-action-comedy-movie-miramax-tv-1234589027/

EXCLUSIVE: Miramax TV is developing The Gentlemen, a TV series based on the studio’s successful action-comedy feature that was written and directed by Guy Ritchie and starred Matthew McConaughey.

Ritchie will write and direct the series, which he will executive produce alongside Ivan Atkinson and Marn Davies, his fellow producers on the movie.

This makes it a full circle for The Gentlemen, which started off as a TV series pitch before it became a feature. It also continues Miramax’s ramped-up efforts under new Head of Worldwide Television Marc Helwig to mine the company’s extensive film library for IP that can be turned into TV series. The Gentlemen joins the recently announced series adaptation of another Miramax movie with an A-list filmmaker attached, Mimic, directed and exec produced by Paul WS Anderson.

“Miramax Television is thrilled to break new creative ground in our partnership with Guy Ritchie on The Gentlemen,” said Helwig. “One of the most distinctive and prolific filmmakers working today and someone whose creativity I have admired for many years, we couldn’t be more excited to bring the cinematic journey of The Gentlemen forth into the realm of global premium television.”