Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

6 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Looks like she deleted the tweet. Got the call from Feige. 

Too late, though. Once a tweet goes out it stays online forever.

I have no sympathy whatsoever with her for posting this bullshit.

Anti Vax crap is bad enough on any time, but in this crisis it's even worse.

And where did she get her medical degree? Same place where Jenny McCarthy's got hers?

Edited by dudalb

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t think this is something Disney will particularly care about, but I’m sure Wright has just gained some fans to at least partially compensate for the ones she lost. 

You cuuld not be more wrong.

making a statment likke that in the middle of a pandemic is creating a PR disaster for the  Mouse.

And the Anti Vaxers who would becomes fans of her over this are morons and danderous ones inthe middle of a pandemic.

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You cuuld not be more wrong.

making a statment likke that in the middle of a pandemic is creating a PR disaster for the  Mouse.

And the Anti Vaxers who would becomes fans of her over this are morons and danderous ones inthe middle of a pandemic.

Disney has had to deal with a lot of bad PR in the past year. Remember the fiascos with Mulan? I think they’re going to ride this one out under the assumption that people will forget about it soon. Of course, that’s assuming Wright keeps quiet. 

36 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Disney has had to deal with a lot of bad PR in the past year. Remember the fiascos with Mulan? I think they’re going to ride this one out under the assumption that people will forget about it soon. Of course, that’s assuming Wright keeps quiet. 

It’s going quiet already and didn’t even last a day trending on Twitter. I really doubt this has any effect on BP2. Unless she suddenly doubles down on it (which I highly doubt), this will be completely forgotten about by next week.

39 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Normally I would agree, but she could not have picked a worse time to  post this crap, the day with the worst COvid news yet. They are going to have to damage control.

Media still giving coverage to  Wright's tweet. She put her foot in it this time.

This is not your typical Celeb screw up; what she did is dangerous.

Or maybe some of you have not noted how deadly the virus has become over the past couple of weeks?

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Media still giving coverage to  Wright's tweet. She put her foot in it this time.

This is not your typical Celeb screw up; what she did is dangerous.

Or maybe some of you have not noted how deadly the virus has become over the past couple of weeks?

She apologised and has now deleted her social media accounts, so she knows she messed up. The only media coverage I’ve seen of it over the last day is the one I just saw on Deadline about her deleting Twitter and Instagram, other than that it’s started going quiet from what I can see, and it’s not trending on Twitter at all now.

Not denying that what she posted was dumb, but I think you’re overestimating the impact of it. We’ve seen celebrities screw up far worse than this on Twitter.

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

She apologised and has now deleted her social media accounts, so she knows she messed up. The only media coverage I’ve seen of it over the last day is the one I just saw on Deadline about her deleting Twitter and Instagram, other than that it’s started going quiet from what I can see, and it’s not trending on Twitter at all now.

Not denying that what she posted was dumb, but I think you’re overestimating the impact of it. We’ve seen celebrities screw up far worse than this on Twitter.

It's the circumstances that make this so bad. You are aware that 3'000 people are dying of Covid inthe US a day, and the vaccines are the  only thing that can stop it?

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's the circumstances that make this so bad. You are aware that 3'000 people are dying of Covid inthe US a day, and the vaccines are the  only thing that can stop it?

Fully aware, I just don’t think one British actress posting a video of an anti-vaxxer on her Twitter feed is really going to have that much of an impact. She was resoundingly roasted for it to the point that she apologised and then closed her account (taking any offending posts with it), the only people nodding along in agreement with the video will be people who were already anti-vaxxers themselves. Also, Letitia Wright doesn’t have that big of a reach, she’s not exactly Oprah.

Like I said, it was undeniably a dumb thing to post, but it’s not the career ending mistake that you seem to think it is, and it’s already fading into obscurity in the news cycle.

11 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

What exactly did she write/tweet that is causing all the uproar?

"Vaccines are evil, don't trust them " bullshit . Horrible timing.

10 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

She was being anti-vax

White people and the US government have experimented on black people before. Can you really blame her for being against it?

YES!

That is like saying "One white person descrminated against me therefore no whtie person can be trusted."

It is dangerous BS, and don't play the race card to try to excuse her.

God, I get angry at thsi site because so many people don't get how bad the Covid virus is. They prefer to ignore or minimize the situation..which is what got us into this mess.

Edited by dudalb

She was being anti-vax

White people and the US government have experimented on black people before. Can you really blame her for being against it?

Everyone is supposed to be getting the vaccine. So how would it be experimenting on black people? Those events don't excuse idiotic behavior. 

• Like 1

The point is, here, that it is OK to ask reasonable questions about a vaccine...and have an established scientist explain them to you.  It is not OK to use the kind of awful video material that she did as justification for your questions.  

She could have done something great by setting up a Skype/Zoom interview with Fauci or someone, asking her own questions, and bringing knowledge to her followers and herself.  Great PR all around. 

This was a misstep.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 4

She was being anti-vax

Uhhhh... I hope this is not serious. Yes. Yes we can.

• Like 3