Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Idiotic opinion but tons of Hollywood people are morons and should

never have jobs again so I’m sure she’ll still be fine. 

Her character was the worst part of the first movie for me so I’m not too excited about seeing more of her in BP2. 

• Like 1

July 8, 2022.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:10 PM, Morieris said:

I was okay with recasting...but now it's  going to be what, "Black Panther 2: Everybody Else"?

I was okay as well. You could very well honor Chadwick by bringing someone in to carry on for him and continue his story and finish what he started.

3 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Not recasting feels more respectful imo.   

I think Winston Duke is the most natural choice for Black Panther at this point, but they have some other solid options.

Okoye or Nakia could also work. Shuri as well since this kind of controversy rarely affects actors unfortunately.

• Like 1

I fully respect Marvel's decision.

However, a black panther movie without tchalla? How are they going to explain his non-appearance in BP2? 

Something tells me that Doom will make his presence felt in this movie. Gut feeling.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:10 PM, Morieris said:

I was okay with recasting...but now it's  going to be what, "Black Panther 2: Everybody Else"?

Yeah it might as well be a spin off. Change the name to “Wakanda”. My mom already calls the first one that anyways lol.

However, a black panther movie without tchalla? How are they going to explain his non-appearance in BP2?

it’s gonna be really lame if T’Challa dies for the 3rd time. They should just have him go off on a mission somewhere.

Edited by eddyxx

21 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

T’challa won’t appear in BP3 or any future movies either. You need an explanation that permanently removes him — probably death.   

I think they will treat it like they have Chadwick's death. It will be handled with reverence and feel real. It'll be symbolic of how the cast and fans felt losing Chadwick. Idk how the film will play out, but this isn't some, "Ohh Loki is dead (wink wink)" kind of thing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

T’challa won’t appear in BP3 or any future movies either. You need an explanation that permanently removes him — probably death.   

Yep.  I think I've postulated here before: As Dr. Doom was at once rumored to be in this...  One way to really give gravity to Doom's introduction (and have his intro to the MCU differ from the already-twice-seen world of FF) would be to have Doom be the one that kills Black Panther.  Imagine an elaborate pre-credits flashback with an epic fight scene (Panther could be a double, and just use an alternate shot of Boseman from the first film for an ending close-up).  That would be a narratively shocking and, if done correctly, meaningful end that would really make you hate Doom from the start... 

But does Marvel/Disney have the cojones to go there?  

On 12/12/2020 at 8:19 AM, WandaLegion said:

Not recasting feels more respectful imo.   

I think Winston Duke is the most natural choice for Black Panther at this point, but they have some other solid options.

I think it needs to be said that no one is going to feel the exact same way about what is respectful.

I personally feel like tossing the character aside because the actor died is disrespectful because character always takes precedence over actor. And I feel like a recast wouldn’t be replacing Chadwick, but more so carrying on for him, continuing and finishing what he started.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Yep.  I think I've postulated here before: As Dr. Doom was at once rumored to be in this...  One way to really give gravity to Doom's introduction (and have his intro to the MCU differ from the already-twice-seen world of FF) would be to have Doom be the one that kills Black Panther.  Imagine an elaborate pre-credits flashback with an epic fight scene (Panther could be a double, and just use an alternate shot of Boseman from the first film for an ending close-up).  That would be a narratively shocking and, if done correctly, meaningful end that would really make you hate Doom from the start... 

Nah. Doom will be made a sympathetic villain. He genuinely feels that he is right and the world would be better if he is the one and only ruler. Basically, dictatorship vs democracy. It's just that, he will resort to any means to achieve that. The F4 on the other hand represent modernity, capitalism, democratic values etc. His personal beef with Reed is that besides being responsible for giving him a terrible scar is that he is always being the high and mighty while interfering in Doom's larger plans. This is what makes the rivalry interesting and Doom a much more cooler villain. He is just a misjudged ruler by the western nations.

So yeah, I don't think marvel would make doom unlikeable from the get go. 

Edited by marveldcfox

39 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I think it needs to be said that no one is going to feel the exact same way about what is respectful.

Agreed, thus “imo.”   

I wish Chadwick had made his feelings on the matter clear, but for me having the character die because the actor did feels like it gives it more gravity while recasting makes him feel replaceable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

I feel like killing him in a pre-credits scene would be among the most disrespectful things they could do, especially if they repurposed old footage Carrie Fisher style (they did the best they could in TROS, but it was odd and noticeable). Not only that but imagine all the kids in the audience who saw T’Challa as their hero effectively seeing him die again, it’d be a kick in the teeth. A better way to handle it would be to maybe start the film with T’Challa’s funeral and have them explain his death somehow, maybe even have cancer be the cause.

I also think that people are misreading what they said about it being about “the wider world of Wakanda”, I don’t think that means that there won’t be a new Black Panther, you don’t have a film called “Black Panther 2” and not have someone playing the Black Panther. It might be about the search for someone worthy, but you can guarantee that by the third act someone will be suiting up.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I feel like killing him in a pre-credits scene would be among the most disrespectful things they could do, especially if they repurposed old footage Carrie Fisher style (they did the best they could in TROS, but it was odd and noticeable). Not only that but imagine all the kids in the audience who saw T’Challa as their hero effectively seeing him die again, it’d be a kick in the teeth. A better way to handle it would be to maybe start the film with T’Challa’s funeral and have them explain his death somehow, maybe even have cancer be the cause.

I also think that people are misreading what they said about it being about “the wider world of Wakanda”, I don’t think that means that there won’t be a new Black Panther, you don’t have a film called “Black Panther 2” and not have someone playing the Black Panther. It might be about the search for someone worthy, but you can guarantee that by the third act someone will be suiting up.

Yep, it's just a story I'd love to see...but I just think Marvel could do with "edge."  

Yes, it's obvious that there will eventually be another Black Panther...the question will simply be...who?  I would have pegged Shuri... but who knows?  😉  Another thing I think they might do is the "pretender to the throne"...have an imposter running around in a similar outfit, and half the mystery is figuring out who is doing it, and why...

• Like 1