Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

16 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

I wish Chadwick had made his feelings on the matter clear, but for me having the character die because the actor did feels like it gives it more gravity while recasting makes him feel replaceable.

He may have, to Feige, Marvel.  But I'm sure they won't talk about it until the film is out.  

Edited by Macleod

On 12/7/2020 at 3:51 PM, Wormow said:

What even is this comment? JK Rowling is one of the biggest perpetrators in hate against trans people. 

No she's not. She gave a fair opinion and the media jumped on it for some clicks. Trans people aren't even the one's grabbing their pitchforks, it's mainly just SJW's arguing on behalf of Trans people.

12 hours ago, Chicago said:

No she's not. She gave a fair opinion and the media jumped on it for some clicks. Trans people aren't even the one's grabbing their pitchforks, it's mainly just SJW's arguing on behalf of Trans people.

um no, JK has had a long-running history of spreading hate against trans people and yes, trans people are understandably upset. But go off I guess?

Edited by Wormow

I think not recasting is the right choice. Storytelling wise that allows them to acknowledge and mourn Chadwick’s passing in the movie. 

Wouldn’t the logical thing to do would be at the start of the movie have Shuri be made leader of Wakanda and travel to the afterlife world where they could have a digital Chadwick for one emotional scene like how T’challa had with his father in the 1st movie? That serves the story and is a natural way to pass on the baton/let the audience say goodbye. 

And then if M’Baku or a resurrected Micheal B Jordan is preferred long term have Shuri hand it off at the end of the movie (or just keep it with Shuri). 

Chadwick Boseman and Michael b Jordan are the backbone of the phenomenon we saw in the first movie. We may not able to see both of them even in BP2, this going to be hard to hit half of the first' total, at least in domestic market. Still a success though.  

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Chadwick Boseman and Michael b Jordan are the backbone of the phenomenon we saw in the first movie. We may not able to see both of them even in BP2, this going to be hard to hit half of the first' total, at least in domestic market. Still a success though.  

Can't wait for you to get proven wrong. They were great but so was literally most of supporting cast. 

Now movie will highlight Shuri and Okoye probably and you will see the phenomena once again. 

• Like 1

Killmonger was such a great asset in BP1, such a pity they kill him off this early. But I guess in MCU death doesn't exist as no matter how they made Loki and gamora's death seem real and permanent, they got revived one way or another eventually   

17 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Killmonger was such a great asset in BP1, such a pity they kill him off this early. But I guess in MCU death doesn't exist as no matter how they made Loki and gamora's death seem real and permanent, they got revived one way or another eventually   

They knew about CB's illness in 2016 so they could have left Killmonger alive just in case if they wanted. My guess is that they didn't which means that they had a different plan for BP successor if the worst came to pass. So existing character (example, Shuri, Okoye, Nakia, M'baku) or brand new one (whether existing in the comic but never seen and mentioned in the first movie or totally original). We'll see what happens. 

Edited by Valonqar