Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

On 10/15/2018 at 11:45 AM, MrGlass2 said:

Killmonger will be back one way or another.

You read it here first.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a26075264/michael-b-jordan-killmonger-black-panther-2/

His co-star Angela Bassett has confirmed Killmonger will be back. And it makes sense, too.

ET asked Black Panther star Angela Bassett if everyone in the cast would return for the upcoming sequel. “I would assume so," she replied. Then her husband, Courtney B. Vance, chimed in to say, "Yes, just go ahead and say it, yes! Everyone will be there, including Michael B."

They don't call him Mr Glass for nuttin. :bravo::worthy:

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Interesting to hear “Godfather 2 Like”.  Certainly new ground for Marvel to not linearly continue forward.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if I remembered correctly, Joss Whedon compared Age of Ultron to The Godfather II as well. And we know how that turned out lol

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Interesting to hear “Godfather 2 Like”.  Certainly new ground for Marvel to not linearly continue forward.

it's pretty obvious that they don't actually know what's gonna happen in the movie. the question was specifically "is the sequel gonna be godfather 2 or grease 2?" in qualitative terms and obviously they replied godfather 2 because no duh. it's got literally nothing to do with what the movie's gonna be, but people will take any morsel in the early stages i guess.

• Like 6

If it's the February 2021 release, this thing is going to be unbelievably huge. It's going to be hard to match the achievements of the first, and I'm not even considering the possibility of the sequel out-grossing its predecessor domestically because it's such a tall order, but if 2020 remains as low on huge tentpoles as it does at the moment, then this will be the first proper worldwide event film since arguably The Rise of Skywalker. I'm talking about movies with the potential to gross above $1.3 billion. It'll be the first Marvel sequel since Far From Home too. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

So... ?

BP 2 - Feb 2021

??? - May 2021

Dr. Strange 2 - Nov 2021

Shang-Chi - Feb 2022

CM 2 - May 2022

Spider-Man - July 2022

I desperately want Guardians 3 in that 2021 slot, but that seems like wishful thinking. Also, will a third Ant-Man happen?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, Mr Terrific said:

So... ?

BP 2 - Feb 2021

??? - May 2021

Dr. Strange 2 - Nov 2021

Shang-Chi - Feb 2022

CM 2 - May 2022

Spider-Man - July 2022

I desperately want Guardians 3 in that 2021 slot, but that seems like wishful thinking. Also, will a third Ant-Man happen?

If they can't get Guardians 3 done for the May '21 slot they'll need something suitably large-scale to take it's place so perhaps they could go with Nova. Feige has previously said it is in development, and it would also satisfy his "something new every year" rule (which Guardians wouldn't if DS2 is Nov).

Nova could play out (at least in part) in similar Guardians cosmic territory, and would also allow an opportunity to show Thanos' attack on Xandar, which would doubtless be a hit with audiences.

Or maybe Fantastic Four is on the fast track now? 😮

On 5/7/2019 at 5:51 PM, Mr Terrific said:

So... ?

BP 2 - Feb 2021

??? - May 2021

Dr. Strange 2 - Nov 2021

Shang-Chi - Feb 2022

CM 2 - May 2022

Spider-Man - July 2022

I don't see why they don't do a third Ant-Man film. The sequel went up, his exposure continues to, ahem, grow.

GotG is a 2023 date, feel like that was said due to Gunn and the SSq reboot/sequel at Warners.