Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Real problem is they killed off  both of Tchaka's classic archenemies....Killraven and Klaw...in the first film, and Black Panther has a pretty shallow Rogues Gallery.....

Edited by dudalb

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Real problem is they killed off  both of Tchaka's classic archenemies....Killraven and Klaw...in the first film, and Black Panther has a pretty shallow Rogues Gallery.....

T’Challa. T’Chaka was his father. 

3 minutes ago, Eric! said:

BLACK PANTHER 2 MAY 6 2022 MY BOY TCHALLA HAS THE SUMMER KICKOFF SLATE THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER LKS:DFJ:LKSDHG:LKH sjp ofjhg paoisf g

Title updates to reflect. 

• Haha 1

So like I would have been happy that this was coming out on any weekend, but seeing this in the summer kick-off slot legit made me so happy. That's the slot dedicated to the ones with the most potential, the best of the best, the A-list films. Just having my favorite MCU movie, probably one of my top 10 all-time favorite blockbusters of the decade even, getting that plum spot...I dunno, it means something. I'm just like...I'm shaking right now.

Bring on this generation's Godfather 2

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, Eric! said:

So like I would have been happy that this was coming out on any weekend, but seeing this in the summer kick-off slot legit made me so happy. That's the slot dedicated to the ones with the most potential, the best of the best, the A-list films. Just having my favorite MCU movie, probably one of my top 10 all-time favorite blockbusters of the decade even, getting that plum spot...I dunno, it means something. I'm just like...I'm shaking right now.

Godfather 2? Let's not let hype cloud our judgement now lmao

Marvel/Disney is either very smart or too demanding in letting this wait until 2022.  There is precedent for long-delayed sequels not doing as well. 

But the truth is probably that the demand for Black Panther will be so high by this point (especially if he doesn't show up anywhere else first) that the thing will likely explode big whether it's actually good or not!  But at least Coogler's sticking around, that's a good sign. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric! said:

From someone who really liked the first BP, no. Just no.

3 hours ago, Eric! said:

That's the slot dedicated to the ones with the most potential, the best of the best, the A-list films.

You gotta love how other distributors don't even schedule some far off unnamed flick against Untitled Marvel Movies anymore. So when something like Black Panther gets dated for one of those, no other studios have to start playing release date musical chairs.

They've learned their lesson.

3 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Godfather 2? Let's not let hype cloud our judgement now lmao

15 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

From someone who really liked the first BP, no. Just no.

its blocked for my location, but it seems to be a referance to that ... article/review/whatever:

On 1/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, MrGlass2 said: