Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

10 hours ago, grey ghost said:

People were shook after Infinity Wars ending. Most casuals did not assume the infinity stones would bring everyone back. All they knew is that half the universe got ashed.

I remember dead silence in the theater with lots of confusion.

No one was laughing while saying "oh they'll be back". That's revisionism.

I was laughing :hahaha:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

BTW, the reviewers not singling out Lupita at all means two things:

1. She OBVIOUSLY isn't Black Panther.

2. Her role must be significantly less than the first film.

And what do you make of her sitting in the primary seat on Jimmy Kimmel?  While he jokingly kept referring to Letitia as "the new Black Panther"?  One can read anything into anything, for deflection or otherwise.  Perhaps journalists/hosts are being asked to deflect from Lupita on purpose?  While most seem to think this all seems predictable, it would be nice to be surprised... no one actually knows how the movie will end.  

Edited by Macleod

15 minutes ago, Macleod said:

And what do you make of her sitting in the primary seat on Jimmy Kimmel?  While he jokingly kept referring to Letitia as "the new Black Panther"?  One can read anything into anything, for deflection or otherwise.  Perhaps journalists/hosts are being asked to deflect from Lupita on purpose?  While most seem to think this all seems predictable, it would be nice to be surprised... no one actually knows how the movie will end.  

This was a highly charged post, and I'm not here for it.

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

This was a highly charged post, and I'm not here for it.

Hmm...  I'm sitting here calm, cool, collected in front of my computer, just pondering some possibilities... we all interpret different things, see?  😁  Question marks don't mean anger to me...they just mean...questions.  

Edited by Macleod

42 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I was laughing :hahaha:

Actually, the end of Infinity War is way harder for me now.

Cause when I watched it the first time, I was full on KNIVES OUT... and then they dusted T'Challa.  And oddly enough, that's what I was like "Oh, okay, they're gonna fix this.  It's gonna be okay.  Cause we're gonna have two more movies and three more Avengers sequels with him." Knowing that I kind of let go, and just allowed myself to kind of reveled in the audacity of what they were doing.  

But now none of that is true

8ff43b99cb4a3e69b0d4d1a9b38c2e97aa7d355d

ALSO:

FOLKS, C'MON.

NO SPOILERS/LEAKS TALK.  

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Hmm...  I'm sitting here calm, cool, collected in front of my computer, just pondering some possibilities... we all interpret different things, see?  😁  Question marks don't mean anger to me...they just mean...questions.  

I was being facetious. 

People dont get it

Most of the audience didnt expect Thanos to 'actually win' at the end of infinity wars and he did win fully.

People knew there was a sequel and the heros were back, but thanos won such an outright victory, audiences were curious as hell how can the heros recover from this.

That is why the ending of Infinity wars left such a huge impact on audiences and why Endgame become one of the biggest hits of all time. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Torontofan said:

People dont get it

Most of the audience didnt expect Thanos to 'actually win' at the end of infinity wars and he did win fully.

People knew there was a sequel and the heros were back, but thanos won such an outright victory, audiences were curious as hell how can the heros recover from this.

That is why the ending of Infinity wars left such a huge impact on audiences and why Endgame become one of the biggest hits of all time. 

I was expected a draw;Thanos would not get the stones, but would be a  postion to try again in the second film.

I think people were shocked, but I also think almost everybody..even the non CBM fans...knew the Blip would be undone in some way.

If for no other reason that no way  cash cows like Spiderman would be killed off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I was expected a draw;Thanos would not get the stones, but would be a  postion to try again in the second film.

I think people were shocked, but I also think almost everybody..even the non CBM fans...knew the Blip would be undone in some way.

If for no other reason that no way  cash cows like Spiderman would be killed off.

The journey is what people care about. 

15 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

isnt letitia extremely problematic?

No, she isnt. Certainly not as much as many other hollywood stars.

She is overly religious and as many such people she is apprehensive towards vaccines. That was almost 1.5 year ago. Its small fries conpared to other shit

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

isnt letitia extremely problematic?

I think last year her comments would cause issue for the film but most of society has moved on from that debate.

Its mostly chattering groups online and twitter that are still very worked up about that. 

(I am not saying she was right)

Edited by Torontofan