Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Ppl not standing for the WF disrespect

Gee I wonder if screaming that GotGv3 is THE BEST MARVEL MOVIE since Endgame/NWH and completely ignoring the Oscar nominated/winning movie from just a few months back can alienate large parts of the fanbase and discourage them from checking out Guardians [/sarcasm]

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Gee I wonder if screaming that GotGv3 is THE BEST MARVEL MOVIE since Endgame/NWH and completely ignoring the Oscar nominated/winning movie from just a few months back can alienate large parts of the fanbase and discourage them from checking out Guardians [/sarcasm]

Might discourage a couple of really stupid people

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I mean looking at GOTG box office numbers there are a lot of things discouraging people. But I do love MCU fans making sure WF is not placed with the rest of the crap from phase 4.

Edited by PrinceRico

23 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I wonder how many of those people have even seen Guardians 3. Besides "Best movie since 2 movies ago" is a lot less impressive than "Best movie since Endgame."

40 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

They can relax. GOTG3 will not accomplish everything WF did so it’s really not that big of a deal. Now if GOTG made the same amount of money and got the same amount of respect in the awards industry and was a streaming monster then I can see their point.

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i don't know what is going on here, but get Coogler to direct the next big  Star Wars trilogy please

He is way way to talented for a Star Wars film. I hope he directs the third BP film so he can finish his vision. 

• ...wtf 1

14 hours ago, John Marston said:

No surprise. This is the epitome of a forgettable movie 

This. The movie was way up its own ass as if it forgot why the first one was successful/liked. Wrong choice for New BP (they should have aged up the son). Stupid plot (Namor wants to kill a teenager cause he's worked up over colonialism lmao!). Stupid villain (wanting to kill a teenager does not make one intimidating, impressive, etc). Too much of a showreel for spin-offs (literal Iron Hreat pilot and whatever Valentina is in next). As a result, the movie was just there. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 5

I mean... honestly who gives a shit? Despite a good idea, he as a character and the world as a whole was far less interesting than the bonkers shit we got in Aquaman and he left no impression beyond a shirt-lived internet discourse about his bulge. Just leave 'em under the sea and if, ten years from now, once you have the actual X-Men in the MCU, you wanna use Namor again, recasting is easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

I mean... honestly who gives a shit? Despite a good idea, he as a character and the world as a whole was far less interesting than the bonkers shit we got in Aquaman and he left no impression beyond a shirt-lived internet discourse about his bulge. Just leave 'em under the sea and if, ten years from now, once you have the actual X-Men in the MCU, you wanna use Namor again, recasting is easy.

I’m sorry but lol, Namor and Talocan work circles over whatever Aquaman was and it not only left an impression, but it’s actually fucking important to people in Mexico and South America. My stance on Namor is that I love the character from Wakanda Forever, and I want to see more of Talocan and more of him, but recasting will be clearly necessary for that going forward.

My stance is basically the one shared by this Mexican reviewer that was shared by Elena Ríos:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtVVvXTgif4/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

People in Mexico and South America are proud of Namor as a character and Talocan as a location in the MCU. And rightfully so. Not doing the Marvel vs. DC non sense here, this is a serious situation and recasting is the least of my concerns right now regarding this situation, but dismissing the importance of Namor and Talocan in the MCU ain’t it, chief. Fuck Tenoch, but leave Namor and Talocan out of this.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 4