Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Add Namor or Storm and at worse the drop will be minimal

Agreed. Storm, especially, would give this movie tremendous buzz. 

18 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Weird they haven't gone for February again. Maybe that's for Guardians 3.

Not really weird. That the first movie grossed 1.3B with a February release date is exactly why the sequel now has a prime release date. Blade seems more likely to get a February release than Guardians, I'd say.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Blade seems more likely to get a February release than Guardians, I'd say.  

Especially with the Black History Month boost. Panther II may miss it but the original made an important cultural impact, at least moreso than any other MCU movie other than maybe the IW/Endgame duology.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Especially with the Black History Month boost. Panther II may miss it but the original made an important cultural impact, at least moreso than any other MCU movie other than maybe the IW/Endgame duology.

I think Blade would be better in October rather than February or even September.

• Like 1

Rather seems like the February/March period is becoming Marvel's "new hero's first solo blockbuster" period, with Black Panther, Captain Marvel and now Shang-Chi, while more established series go in the full summer season. Wouldn't be surprised if the 2022 one is Blade.

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

The Suicide Squad shoots in September which gives Gunn times to do Guardians 3 in 2021. 

SS2 set for release Aug 2021, right?  He will be in post on that up until near release.  I don't think he (or any director) would be fully getting into prepping and pre- and directing Guardians until 4th quarter 2021 at the earliest.  This is why the buzz is already that it won't be ready until 2023. 

On 8/24/2019 at 8:43 PM, Macleod said:

SS2 set for release Aug 2021, right?  He will be in post on that up until near release.  I don't think he (or any director) would be fully getting into prepping and pre- and directing Guardians until 4th quarter 2021 at the earliest.  This is why the buzz is already that it won't be ready until 2023. 

Comparatively DC movies are in post a long time but they're also mostly done well before release except for VFX which is seemingly never done.   Gunn could be doing pre-production on GOTG 3 months before SS2 releases and MCU movies usually have a year turn around from the start of filming to release so it could be ready for a late summer 2022 release date.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Comparatively DC movies are in post a long time but they're also mostly done well before release except for VFX which is seemingly never done.   Gunn could be doing pre-production on GOTG 3 months before SS2 releases and MCU movies usually have a year turn around from the start of filming to release so it could be ready for a late summer 2022 release date.

Gunn said suicide squad 2 won’t be done until 2021, so he won’t be done with post until close to release. Makes 2022 pretty impossible for Vol. 3, especially since he has to rewrite it. Also, Shazam, Joker, Birds of Prey and Batman will all have a year turnaround, so idk about that.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Add Namor or Storm and at worse the drop will be minimal

I am betting Feige does not go near Namor; let's face it, DC beat him to the punch with "Aquaman" on that idea.  I don't think Fiege wants to look like he is swiping from DC. Yes, I know that in the comics Namor predates Aquaman, but in the films that really does not matter.

Storm is a more interesting idea;particulary if the idea is to bring the Mutants into the MCU gradually. (We already have one mutant in Wanda the Scarlet Witch.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am betting Feige does not go near Namor; let's face it, DC beat him to the punch with "Aquaman" on that idea.  I don't think Fiege wants to look like he is swiping from DC. Yes, I know that in the comics Namor predates Aquaman, but in the films that really does not matter.

Storm is a more interesting idea;particulary if the idea is to bring the Mutants into the MCU gradually. (We already have one mutant in Wanda the Scarlet Witch.

They both have kingdoms under water and that's about all they have in common.  That's no reason to cede underwater characters and action to DC.   Namor is a far more twisty interesting character, more anti-hero than hero and can easily be introduced as the antagonist.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

They both have kingdoms under water and that's about all they have in common.  That's no reason to cede underwater characters and action to DC.   Namor is a far more twisty interesting character, more anti-hero than hero and can easily be introduced as the antagonist.

I think the majority of the GA won‘t jump on a Namor being a copy of Aquaman, if he gets introduced as the antagonists, and if it’s done ... let‘s call it less colorful and comical. = agree

• Like 1

Got a recommendation for an audition in one of those strange competitions clip in my feed whilst searching for iPad tips.

There is a singer with 6+ octaves capacity, and the high notes do sound atypical for a male.

With mutants on the horizon, maybe a character with voice... abilities? He seems to have a lot of Asian and all over the world fans?

I am bad with names, something like Dimash or Dimish or so.

Got the thought as quite a few reactions where like he has to be an alien as no human can sing like that 😉 

Edited by terrestrial

39 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Drifting off-topic, so if people want to continue please quote this in the BP2 thread. But I also don’t really see why it would decrease on OW. The legs were x3.5, so I think the common sequel pattern of worse legs but better OW will be followed. As Nero points out every MCU solo sequel has increased in admits on OW, with the smallest being IM2 at roughly +20%. BP2 of course is starting highest and that makes things harder, but the Avengers affect is still in play.  

With over 4 years of increased ticket price BP2 could fall 10% in OW admits and still clear 200M.

Eh might as well do this.

The thing with your argument is that, like you said, it's starting at such a high range. The closest solo movie's OW to BP's OW is Captain Marvel, and that's about a 50M difference. And that's even when you adjust the numbers.

And yeah, most solo movies either came out when the MCU was just starting or before IW/Endgame substantially grew the fanbase, but BP still did leaps and bounds above the other movies that it just makes the ceiling that much harder. And even with inflation, the 200M mark is still a tough one to beat. Almost all of the films that made that mark were either Avengers or Star Wars movies. BP and Jurassic World are the two exceptions, and Fallen Kingdom didn't come anywhere close to 200M. And between now and 2022, how many movies will actually hit 200M on OW? Even something like TROS isn't a lock.

But I think the one thing that needs to be factored in was the first film's perfect storm of release date and importance. Not only was it the appetizer for Infinity War for MCU fans, but the film basically became a social movement to the point where people who had zero interest in Marvel checked the movie out. My mom had never seen an MCU movie in her life, and has zero interest in superhero stuff, and she still saw Black Panther for those reasons. People loved the movie, and I'm sure some of that periphery audience will come out for the sequel, I don't think it will be as publicized nor as exciting to non-Marvel fans, which will hurt its chances of an OW increase.

That's not a bad thing btw. I'm currently predicting about 185M or so for OW, and that would put it above Civil War and would make 500M+ a near cinch.

• Like 3