Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

He managed to hide it completely for four years 

Which is astounding. The studios and film makers wold have obviously been aware of the surgeries and chemo treatments - amazing and highly respectable that his secret never leaked. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Absolutely devastated. I hope they take their time figuring out the sequel. Don't recast, pass on the mantle to Shuri. 

Wow that’s another good alternative, pass the mantle to Shuri 

Still it’s not gonna feel the same without him 😕

• Like 2

My guess is that Shuri becomes the face of the franchise now. Or they bring in another actor as a new character. The chances of this getting cancelled completely is unlikely with so much money at stake, plus it would give them a chance to pay tribute to T'Challa/Chadwick.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Which is astounding. The studios and film makers wold have obviously been aware of the surgeries and chemo treatments - amazing and highly respectable that his secret never leaked. 

2016-2020

Gods of Egypt
Captain America Civil War
Message from the King
Marshall 
Black Panther
Avengers Infinity War 
Avengers Endgame 
21 Bridges
Da 5 Bloods

This reminds me of the Spartacus actor and his cancer documentary. Andy Whitfield in the doc Be Here Now. I'm amazed he was able to work through all these film projects all while getting chemo and treatment and progressively getting worse over time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can this year end already.... time to move onto 2021 i think... 

Terrible news.  Wonderful actor.  RIP - gone way too soon.

It's going to make BP2 quite hard to make - as many have said though, given the money on the table here, I cant imagine it won't happen - probably will be delayed though and may require a rethink of the the phase 4 / 5 strategy for Marvel too as I am pretty sure he was supposed to a bigger part in the avengers crossovers too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

My guess is that Shuri becomes the face of the franchise now. Or they bring in another actor as a new character. The chances of this getting cancelled completely is unlikely with so much money at stake, plus it would give them a chance to pay tribute to T'Challa/Chadwick.

Of course it isn't getting cancelled, though I don't see anyone dying to have Shuri be BP. That specific actress doesn't do it for me. 

• Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, JJ-8 said:

It's going to make BP2 quite hard to make - as many have said though, given the money on the table here, I cant imagine it won't happen - probably will be delayed though and may require a rethink of the the phase 4 / 5 strategy for Marvel too as I am pretty sure he was supposed to a bigger part in the avengers crossovers too.

I mean, there is no way Disney didn't know about this years ago. I am sure that is why this movie was not fast tracked for 2020 & TChalla did not receive a bigger role in the Avengers films. 

• Like 2