Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think it's a no brainer that Marvelknew About Chadwick's condition, but they thought "Well, he's young and will beat it in the end..worst case is we have year's delay"0 Tragically, they were wrong.

No dubt this is the greatest  problem the MCU has faced sinced in a long time.  No doubt the BP was going to be one of their "tentpole franchises" for the post Infini6ty Saga MCU.

I have to wonder if one efffect will not be for them to move much faster on the Fox acquisitons...X Men and the Fantastic Four..then they had planned. They needa huge tenpole to replace the BP.

They have a lot of dilemmas right now.  There will definitely be some rearranging going on over the next couple of years.   This will obviously also include the Disney+ TV shows, due to COVID-production delays and of course their previously-planned narrative "timeline" now being flux for all of the above reasons.  Wasn't WandaVision supposed to debut before the end of the year?  I have a feeling that everything will be pushed back and rearranged a bit.  I could even see them releasing WHAT IF? before any of the live-action shows, just as a tide-over. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Macleod said:

They have a lot of dilemmas right now.  There will definitely be some rearranging going on over the next couple of years.   This will obviously also include the Disney+ TV shows, due to COVID-production delays and of course their previously-planned narrative "timeline" now being flux for all of the above reasons.  Wasn't WandaVision supposed to debut before the end of the year?  I have a feeling that everything will be pushed back and rearranged a bit.  I could even see them releasing WHAT IF? before any of the live-action shows, just as a tide-over. 

I agree, but with the character they were expecting to be the Tony Stark/Iron Man of the post Infinty Ware MCU pretty much gone, I think  they are to take a really hard look at jump starting some kind of X men movie, given the X men popularity ( which IMHO has not been damaged much by the last two films) CHarecters are still enormougly popular).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-black-panther-sequel-shoot-to-begin-in-july-exclusive

Marvel Studio’s plans for the sequel to Black Panther are starting to come into focus.

The sequel was sidelined due to the sudden and unexpected death of star Chadwick Boseman and a planned March 2021 production start was waylaid as filmmaker Ryan Coogler and Marvel tried to navigate grief and the need to move forward. It was the nadir of a year that saw no Marvel movies released for the first time since 2009.

However, even as the continuing coronavirus upends theatrical distribution and plays havoc with its Phase 4 rollout, Marvel is about to enter 2021 the busiest it has ever been as it juggles not only multiple movies but a major push into TV.

Multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Marvel is now readying Black Panther 2 for a shoot that will start in Atlanta in July and last for upwards of six months.

Mexican actor Tenoch Huerta, who was one of the stars of Netflix’s Narcos: Mexico, is in talks to play one of the antagonists, sources tell THR. Letitia Wright, Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke and Angela Bassett are expected to return for the new feature, with some saying Wright’s character may take on a more prominent role.

Marvel, which had no comment on this story, has not revealed its plans on how it plans to proceed without Boseman, although it has indicated that it will not use CGI to include the late star in the film.

• Like 4

Recasting T'Challa would be terrible.

Shuri taking on the mantle of Black Panthe makes the most sense NARRATIVELY (just like T'Challa took over the throne from his father, his sister will take over the title in this movie) they can even devote the movie to Shuri being thrusted into the role and not being ready, but she has to.

A black, female superhero? Amazing.

Though I would not be surprised if Marvel does end up recasting T'Challa because they won't dare have a female lead one of their biggest franchises. Their movies have always been way too safe. Look how long it took for us to get Captain Marvel. We didn't even get a Black Widow movie until 10 years later, POST DEATH. 

26 minutes ago, Wormow said:

Recasting T'Challa would be terrible.

Shuri taking on the mantle of Black Panthe makes the most sense NARRATIVELY (just like T'Challa took over the throne from his father, his sister will take over the title in this movie) they can even devote the movie to Shuri being thrusted into the role and not being ready, but she has to.

A black, female superhero? Amazing.

Though I would not be surprised if Marvel does end up recasting T'Challa because they won't dare have a female lead one of their biggest franchises. Their movies have always been way too safe. Look how long it took for us to get Captain Marvel. We didn't even get a Black Widow movie until 10 years later, POST DEATH. 

OTOH, original projects that have been confirmed for phase 4/phase 5 (excluding sequels because they reflect lead character choices from an earlier era):  

Female led —

Black Widow (Natasha doesn’t really count for the same reason sequels don’t, but I expect Yelena will headline Black Widow 2 making it the start of a new female led subfranchise)
Ms Marvel

She-Hulk

Split/Balanced/Ensemble —  

Eternals

Wandavision (sequel-ish)
Hawkeye (sequel-ish, assuming Kate Bishop co-lead)

Male led —
F&WS (sequel-ish)
Loki (sequel-ish, also could be split/balanced/ensemble if it turns out that Female Loki is a co-lead)
Shang-Chi

Moon Knight   

It’s undeniable that they were late to the gender-equality-of-lead-characters game, but I don’t see much evidence that it continues to be something they avoid in the 2020s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

OTOH, original projects that have been confirmed for phase 4/phase 5 (excluding sequels because they reflect lead character choices from an earlier era):  

Female led —

Black Widow (Natasha doesn’t really count for the same reason sequels don’t, but I expect Yelena will headline Black Widow 2 making it the start of a new female led subfranchise)
Ms Marvel

She-Hulk

Eternals

Wandavision (sequel-ish)

Male led —
F&WS (sequel-ish)
Loki (sequel-ish, also could be split/balanced/ensemble if it turns out that Female Loki is a co-lead)
Shang-Chi

Moon Knight   

It’s undeniable that they were late to the gender-equality-of-lead-characters game, but I don’t see much evidence that it continues to be something they avoid in the 2020s

THOR is also likely to lean heavily back into Natalie Portman's character and a bigger role for Tessa Thompson. 

The title "LOVE AND THUNDER" says it all...  

On 11/20/2020 at 5:55 PM, cax16 said:

I wonder if that guys gonna be namor 

This was my first thought, too, at least with the hairdo he's sporting in the tiny photo used in THR article...  😁

A Mexican Namor?  Will Atlanteans complain?  😂   But he's probably someone else...

It sounds like there's more than one "antagonist."  Wonder if they'll bring in "White Wolf"?  A "pretender to the throne" storyline will obviously fit right in here due to Boseman's passing... which Shuri would of course eventually fight back against.  

Edited by Macleod

8 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Female led —

A movie that will release TWELVE years after Scarlet was first cast. This is just Marvel waiting to the last second possible to make a movie based on her (some would argue it's not even the last second as the character is now literally dead)
Ms Marvel

A TV show

She-Hulk

A TV show

Eternals

A huge ensemble

Wandavision (sequel-ish)

A TV show

A TV show 

Male led —
F&WS (sequel-ish)
Shang-Chi

Moon Knight   

We literally have no female led movie franchises besides Captain Marvel, and NONE that are currently rumoured outside of BW which is doubtful at best.