Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Killmonger was such a great asset in BP1, such a pity they kill him off this early. But I guess in MCU death doesn't exist as no matter how they made Loki and gamora's death seem real and permanent, they got revived one way or another eventually   

He's coming back, and perhaps in a bigger role than they even planned initially... perhaps as the new Black Panther by the end, that's my bet.  The cast pretty much let it slip in the last year or two already that he was coming back, and the clip they use in this new promo tells you everything you need to know.  

Edited by Macleod

Killmonger is definitely an asset. I did not like it that he died because he strike me as an antagonist who has potential for longer arc like Magneto rather than someone who is a one-off. IMO, the movie really got going when he came to Wakanda to claim the throne and his reign was more dynamic than the good guy's standard kumbaya rule til an outside source stirred shit up. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think the joke is very old now that death don't matter in MCU. 

Yeah Widow and Loki are literally next projects but they are way back in timeline or different timeline altogether. Killmonger is dead. And that's it.

Is he?  Let's remind ourselves that in the film itself, the narrative threads were introduced for T'Challa himself to basically die and be resurrected.  And for Killmonger, we never saw a body, a grave, or any real closure.  Sure, plans could have changed since Boseman's passing... so perhaps they made a left turn.  But I think the original plan was definitely to bring MBJ back, the cast let it slip a while back, and it was the audience's response to the character/performance that really cemented it.  MBJ seems to be prepping CREED III, but the word is that doesn't shoot until towards the end of the year, so...  

They did that thing again...where they release a movie too close to a previous one. The previous movie then has a short window in which to leg it out in the theaters. It also shows that the second movie was obviously the priority...

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 12:35 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

I think the joke is very old now that death don't matter in MCU. 

Yeah Widow and Loki are literally next projects but they are way back in timeline or different timeline altogether. Killmonger is dead. And that's it.

Black Widow and Loki aside, look at Vision, he returned. Gamora is already back. 

Rumors of Chris Evans returning continues to persist. RDJ remains gone but he was in it since day 1,

16 minutes ago, Wormow said:

Black Widow and Loki aside, look at Vision, he returned. Gamora is already back. 

Rumors of Chris Evans returning continues to persist. RDJ remains gone but he was in it since day 1,

Vision we knew is gone. Besides Vision is just a super bot. They just revived it/made a new one.

Gamora is again not the actual Gamora. The Gamora which died is dead. Evans didn't die really. He got old.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

On 5/6/2021 at 6:47 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Vision we knew is gone. Besides Vision is just a super bot. They just revived it/made a new one.

Gamora is again not the actual Gamora. The Gamora which died is dead. Evans didn't die really. He got old.

Okay, so I don’t get why you’re tired of hearing how Marvel characters never stay dead? When it’s true? The characters always come back, one way or another. 

5 minutes ago, Wormow said:

Okay, so I don’t get why you’re tired of hearing how Marvel characters never stay dead? When it’s true? The characters always come back, one way or another. 

because its different. people tend to make it as if they are making the same dead person alive. which if happens, I would be among the first to not like. I think death should be given the gravity it deserves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

because its different. people tend to make it as if they are making the same dead person alive. which if happens, I would be among the first to not like. I think death should be given the gravity it deserves.

The gravity of death for fictional character is to stop seeing them in new fiction, to stop them interacting with characters that goes on and so on, if you use some timeline tricks for the dying having 0 actual consequence, where is the gravity ?

Recently, Freeman appeared on The Late Late Show with James Corden, confirming that he's met with Ryan Coogler and been made privy to the direction he plans to take the sequel in. However, it sounds like he was somewhat surprised by what the filmmaker has in mind. 

"I had a Zoom call with Ryan Coogler, the director and co-writer about seven or eight weeks ago, I suppose. He sort of meticulously took me through all of my character's beats in the film. He took me through the film, but incorporating my character's beats. And some of it was really very odd," Freeman admitted.

"And I think [Coogler] could see from the reaction on my face to some of the things he was saying, my face must have been going [shocked face] like that, because he kept sort of stopping, and he kept going, 'Stay with me, but this is going to work,'" the actor continued. "People are in for, I think, a real treat. I mean we've not done it yet, who knows, we might make it awful. But, I'm hoping we won't, I'm hoping people are going to be in for a treat."

On 5/3/2021 at 8:14 AM, titanic2187 said:

Killmonger was such a great asset in BP1, such a pity they kill him off this early. But I guess in MCU death doesn't exist as no matter how they made Loki and gamora's death seem real and permanent, they got revived one way or another eventually   

Always puzzled me why they killed off both Klaw and Killmonger, since, in the comics, they were BP's archenemies.