Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

This is definitely on unchartered territory. Sequel to one of the biggest cultural event but without the main lead. We wont know the impact until close to release. 

I think the missing of T'challa is one factor that will lead to hype machine even more. To see what happens to Wakanda post T'challa.

And TBH, the best point of BP was Wakanda not BP.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think the missing of T'challa is one factor that will lead to hype machine even more. To see what happens to Wakanda post T'challa.

And TBH, the best point of BP was Wakanda not BP.

He was definitely my favorite character in the film. Him or Killmonger, but he won't be returning either. 

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

He was definitely my favorite character in the film. Him or Killmonger, but he won't be returning either. 

If Charlie thinks Chadwick was not much of a factor, he is underestimating his impact. Anyway we wont know for sure until close to release and so I am not arguing this anymore. Let us see where things are next year at this point.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

If Charlie thinks Chadwick was not much of a factor, he is underestimating his impact. Anyway we wont know for sure until close to release and so I am not arguing this anymore. Let us see where things are next year at this point.

November OW record seems locked, but I'm not quite as bullish on this film making over $200 million OW again. As you mentioned, the first was a massive cultural phenomenon that attracted people that have never seen a MCU film before (or rarely visit the theater at all). I think the sequel will have an uphill battle capturing the same zeitgeist, especially with the absence of the lead character. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't bet against another 200M OW. There will be BP but he won't be T'Challa. So while people loved T'Challa they will love whoever is BP now (Shuri? other?). Also, considering some casting, Wakanda vs certain other fantasy world seems very likely, and that's gonna be a big draw. especially if some characters are fan favorites from CB.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

This always felt like it was rushing for the July date so the move to November is fine but it feels weird for a Black Panther film to be a November release.

I was kind of thinking that but then I realized the first one was released in February lol.

Seeing how it did in February though, it sure would have been nice to give the sequel the summer blockbuster treatment. The weekdays would have been something to behold.

1 hour ago, Let There Be Legion said:

A year with only 3 movies is weaksauce, and this news is lame. Should have just by pushing this to Labor Day and left marvels+2023 untouched, can always do another shift of production warrants in a few more months. 

We don’t need four movie a year, Jesus. You also have the TV shows. Let’s not get greedy here. Back in my day, we had one a year, and we had to wait like two years between projects!!

I like the schedule way better. I do wish that they had pushed Black Panther, and left The Marvels in its existing date. I think that with everything externally surrounding the movie, the more time away from the property will make the return all the better.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Menor said:

He was definitely my favorite character in the film. Him or Killmonger, but he won't be returning either

Prepare to be amazed...  

1 hour ago, Let There Be Legion said:

4 in 6 months was a nice pace (yes I know covid delays, I'm not saying we need 8/yr or anything). 3 in 12 months is pretty weak. Especially if they only do 4 in 2023.

You can't be serious with this stuff?  Enjoy your bubblegum, but don't get greedy.  These movies have achieved the pinnacle of success, but there's room for other kinds of movies.  Marvel Culture will eventually cannibalize itself.  

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

You can't be serious with this stuff?

Of course I am.

Enjoy your bubblegum

I do :) 

but don't get greedy

Greed is good

Marvel Culture will eventually cannibalize itself.  

I mean, eventually the star will burn itself out, and I imagine humans will be extinct well before then. But short term predictions of marvel decline don’t tend to pan out so I’m happy to keep riding this train as far as it takes me. And I much preferred 9 movies in 23+22 than if we have to settle for 7 😕 

Edited by Let There Be Legion
  • Like 1