Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Wait what? Is there any reason to believe that?

No tangible reason just paranoid now after that previous tweet that mentioned how close Letitia is with Ryan. Sorry probably shouldn't have posted that just extremely concerned about this movie now. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

No tangible reason just paranoid now after that previous tweet that mentioned how close Letitia is with Ryan. Sorry probably shouldn't have posted that just extremely concerned about this movie now. 

A. Don't spread malicious rumors unless you have something to back them up with.

B. I have been concerned since the tragic death of Boseman. To keep a franchise going when the guy whose perfromance in the lead was a major reason the film was a big hit is pretty difficult ,period. 

And the problems since have not helped matters any.

I don;t know what to beleive, frankly, I am sure Papa Feige has had some conversations with Wight, if she is ignoring him we have a huge problem.

I don't know how feasible firing her and recasting would be at this point. it would mean a lot of secne would probably have to be reshot, and some of them are almost certainly expensive action scenes, which make it different then when Kevin Spacey was fired and replaced. I think Marvel has had a bad situation with this from the day Bozeman died, and it seems to get worse.

I don't know why they didn't change course a year ago.   Wright's twitter gave them enough warning.

Besides Shuri was snapped as a teenager - I don't care if she's a scientific genius she's too young to be leading a country.  Okoye should have been made Black Panther.  Better character, great actress.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't know why they didn't change course a year ago.   Wright's twitter gave them enough warning.

Besides Shuri was snapped as a teenager - I don't care if she's a scientific genius she's too young to be leading a country.  Okoye should have been made Black Panther.  Better character, great actress.

Now if Shurii got into power and went Joffrey in Game Of Thrones on us, that might bein interesting, but otherwise I agree.

And, anyway,  being a great scientest is no guarantee you can run a country. Two totally different skill sets.

Edited by dudalb

23 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I wanted Ayo after her role in TF&TWS. Anyone but Shuri at this point, which is unfortunate to say. 

2 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

I have no idea why Disney hasn't sacked wright yet. They had no problems getting rid of gina

The only reason must be that...they re-wrote this thing multiple times already, and simply could not come up with a way to rejig it yet again to write her out...or were simply too far into pre-production to change course on the overall narrative.  They must need her.  

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

The only reason must be that...they re-wrote this thing multiple times already, and simply could not come up with a way to rejig it yet again to write her out...or were simply too far into pre-production to change course on the overall narrative.  They must need her.  

Even if you need Shuri… well… we all know what happened to Norton and Terrance Howard 👀

Is Letitia's character really the one who becomes the lead? What? Of all the female characters in BP, she was by far the least interesting. Nakia and Oyoke were leagues better. 

Oyoke has traits of fundamentalism - her being an interim leader and becoming more authoritarian with Nakia having to face her and becoming Wakanda's true leader would be more interesting. 

But Shuri as the lead? What the hell did she do besides make a couple of lame jokes and create the costume? Meh. Now THAT would guarantee a steep decline from the first.

She continues to act up. I’d get rid of her but it’s probably too far gone for them. 

The audacity of her not giving any thought to all of the crew she’ll be working alongside. 

She’s certainly creating a lot of bad press for this. No doubt she’ll be problematic on the press tour as well. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

But Shuri as the lead? What the hell did she do besides make a couple of lame jokes and create the costume? Meh. Now THAT would guarantee a steep decline from the first.

I could see a potential story about her being reluctant to take the throne but feeling that she owes it to her brother to keep his vision for Wakanda alive, having to step up and take responsibility.

Idk what it is with these actors and celebrities not being able to just do their job, keep quiet, and earn their paycheck and go on about their business. She's messing with the program and idk how well this is going to end for her.

I'd be shocked if they actually get rid of her and I'm 98% sure thats not gonna happen, but she's definitely got a stink on her that wont be going away anytime soon and the marketing for this movie is gonna be somewhat tedious for Disney/Marvel.

Edited by clockwork

6 hours ago, Noctis said:

Is Letitia's character really the one who becomes the lead? What? Of all the female characters in BP, she was by far the least interesting. Nakia and Oyoke were leagues better. 

Oyoke has traits of fundamentalism - her being an interim leader and becoming more authoritarian with Nakia having to face her and becoming Wakanda's true leader would be more interesting. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

It's... Okoye...I think. 😁

12 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Does Letitia Wright even need to be on set with everyone else to finish the movie? That didn’t seem to stop Zack Snyder

Exactly. It's MCU after all, they can just do this like they usually do with all their products:

l79i585jfj931.jpg

Edited by Firepower

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The audacity of her not giving any thought to all of the crew she’ll be working alongside. 

This. This needs to be repeated over and over again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1