Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

32 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I think Marvel is going back to the first weekend of May from now on 

EDIT: because I believe Infinity War and Endgame were anomalies 

I think the only May date they release in again is May 1. Expecting DS2, BP2, untitled MCU May 2023 to all become April. That’s how it’ll be OS for sure due to Labor Day, and after it worked so well twice it seems like there’s every reason to keep making the DOM releases day and date instead of having to wait a week. Especially for movies with big spoilers/importance to the rest of the MCU, which will be a lot of “May” releases since it’s the traditional slot for the biggest movie of the yearly slate.  

Anyway, we’ll see in like a year.

Introducing and satisfactorily setting up Dr. Doom AND Latveria, then introducing a conflict between it and Wakanda and then doing justice to Doom Wars, all in the space of one movie, a movie about Black Panther makes no sense. 

I want the BP2 to focus on Black Panther and Wakanda. What made the first one special was it's focus on the characters, the traditions and cultures shown. I think we can all agree that those were its strongest point and its weakest points were the actions and cgi. I dont want BP2 to go full on action/cgi. I hope it retains its political nature, its culture and traditions.

As for Doom, it would be much better for him to be introduced in an F4 movie, or perhaps a movie of his own (if they plan on making him the next big bad of the MCU, then a solo movie might be good). Then down the line they could do a movie on doom wars

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:16 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Introducing and satisfactorily setting up Dr. Doom AND Latveria, then introducing a conflict between it and Wakanda and then doing justice to Doom Wars, all in the space of one movie, a movie about Black Panther makes no sense. 

I want the BP2 to focus on Black Panther and Wakanda. What made the first one special was it's focus on the characters, the traditions and cultures shown. I think we can all agree that those were its strongest point and its weakest points were the actions and cgi. I dont want BP2 to go full on action/cgi. I hope it retains its political nature, its culture and traditions.

As for Doom, it would be much better for him to be introduced in an F4 movie, or perhaps a movie of his own (if they plan on making him the next big bad of the MCU, then a solo movie might be good). Then down the line they could do a movie on doom wars

I don't know how familiar you are with the BLack Panther comics, bu the main McGuffan always was that Wakanda has all the world's vibranum, and a lot of the villans wanted it.

The Dr Doom invades Wakanda was a classic exemple of this story line.

And BP2 is going to have lots of action. That is a given.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I don't know how familiar you are with the BLack Panther comics, bu the main McGuffan always was that Wakanda has all the world's vibranum, and a lot of the villans wanted it.

The Dr Doom invades Wakanda was a classic exemple of this story line.

And BP2 is going to have lots of action. That is a given.

I understand all that. What I am saying is doing all the set up necessary for Doom Wars (for example introducing Latveria, Dr. Doom, setting up the conflict between the 2 nations and then showing the actual war) in this single movie alone would be too much for 1 movie. They can do the Wakanda vs Latveria stuff in a future movie after all the things I mentioned are set up. 

Black Panther worked so well because of its focus on Wakanda and its characters, its culture, politics and relationships. By making this second part about Doom War and stuffing it with so much action would be distracting from what made the first movie so good.

TL:DR - set up Dr.Doom first in an F4 movie or a solo movie and then do Doom War

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

$185m OW
$570m DOM

$650m OS

I’ve got some time to kill, so I guess I’ll also throw some very far off predictions into the ring. I am pretty skeptical about over 3x legs from a sequel in the April/May slot though.   

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 6:24 PM, Arendelle Legion said:

I think the only May date they release in again is May 1. Expecting DS2, BP2, untitled MCU May 2023 to all become April. That’s how it’ll be OS for sure due to Labor Day, and after it worked so well twice it seems like there’s every reason to keep making the DOM releases day and date instead of having to wait a week. Especially for movies with big spoilers/importance to the rest of the MCU, which will be a lot of “May” releases since it’s the traditional slot for the biggest movie of the yearly slate.  

Anyway, we’ll see in like a year.

Question for you: how big is International Workers' Day compared to other international holidays? Asking because it seems like it's a big priority for Marvel to always roll out their spring releases in time for this day. Is it a really big deal/a really lucrative day for overseas grosses? Something is ringing a bell that it's one of the biggest holidays in the world for some reason....

Funny that domestically Labor Day is a "no 1 currs" holiday and the weekend is always one of the slowest of the year haha.

20 hours ago, JB33 said:

Question for you: how big is International Workers' Day compared to other international holidays? Asking because it seems like it's a big priority for Marvel to always roll out their spring releases in time for this day. Is it a really big deal/a really lucrative day for overseas grosses? Something is ringing a bell that it's one of the biggest holidays in the world for some reason....

Funny that domestically Labor Day is a "no 1 currs" holiday and the weekend is always one of the slowest of the year haha.

It's a public holiday in many if not most countries around the world (only a handful of countries celebrate it on other days, like US and Canada in September). Even in countries where it is not public holiday, many still give workers off. Here is a detailed list - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers'_Day#By_country

I'd say it's one of the biggest public holiday around the world. The only other holiday's that I can think of where so many countries around the world give off on the same day is Christmas and New Year's. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's a public holiday in many if not most countries around the world (only a handful of countries celebrate it on other days, like US and Canada in September). Even in countries where it is not public holiday, many still give workers off. Here is a detailed list - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers'_Day#By_country

I'd say it's one of the biggest public holiday around the world. The only other holiday's that I can think of where so many countries around the world give off on the same day is Christmas and New Year's. 

Thanks! 

So, like @Arendelle Legion said, it's pretty agiven then that most MCU films will move up a week to take advantage of this holiday? Well, I guess it has always been that way as far as the overseas debut is concerned, but seems like it'll become a regular thing for the domestic market as well.

8 hours ago, JB33 said:

Thanks! 

So, like @Arendelle Legion said, it's pretty agiven then that most MCU films will move up a week to take advantage of this holiday? Well, I guess it has always been that way as far as the overseas debut is concerned, but seems like it'll become a regular thing for the domestic market as well.

For OS markets? Yes, it will move up. 

For dom markets? Depends if Marvel wants a same day release worldwide. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

A friend sent me a local news image of this and I was like...let me look. I was at cnn, drudge, even the local outlet. They haven't updated their pages yet it's just now circulating. Google news settled it's reality. I'm shocked. I didn't even know he was battling cancer in the ether of information. Terrible, Sad, he was a good actor!

• Like 1