Jump to content
Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

Recommended Posts

EARLY ESTIMATES: We’re hearing at this early point in the morning that Universal’s First Man has earned between around $1M in Thursday night shows, possibly even as much as $1.4M. These figures come from Deadline industry sources, not from Universal so there could be some fluctuation once the studio reports.  But this is what we’re hearing at this early time.

 

https://deadline.com/2018/10/first-man-landing-1m-from-thursday-night-shows-early-b-o-read-1202481481/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Is that good or bad?

Pretty good since this is likely gonna skew older. $20M is still in the cards for the weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also of note:

 

Quote

Industry estimates this morning –not from Sony– are figuring [Goosebumps 2] did between $600K-$700K last night. The first Goosebumps which starred Jack Black and was made for $58M was a solid October performer for Sony opening to No 1 with $23.6M. The first chapter made $600K at 2,567 Thursday theaters for a first day of $7.3M.

 

Industry estimates –not from Fox– figure around $600K-$700K from last night [for Bad Times at the El Royale].  We’ll have updates later Friday AM.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sheikh said:

EARLY ESTIMATES: We’re hearing at this early point in the morning that Universal’s First Man has earned between around $1M in Thursday night shows, possibly even as much as $1.4M. These figures come from Deadline industry sources, not from Universal so there could be some fluctuation once the studio reports.  But this is what we’re hearing at this early time.

 

https://deadline.com/2018/10/first-man-landing-1m-from-thursday-night-shows-early-b-o-read-1202481481/

So, knowing there was about $750K in "free paid" tickets for military and vets...that's really not good.  They better hope those free tickets get some WOM out to adults 25+ to bring them in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird we're getting rough estimates this morning. Normally this is only done for the bigly movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Weird we're getting rough estimates this morning. Normally this is only done for the bigly movies.

Wait until we start getting them at 4 in the afternoon on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad Times at the El Royale is looking at $8-9M for the weekend. Wish it could've done better but eh, it could've fared worse too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully we have two interesting holdovers this weekend 

 

 

Poor Bad Times if it goes under $10m

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Runtime without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

 

Halloween: 1:41. Attachments are Happy Death Day 2U, Glass, and Mortal Engines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If First Man is really only $1-1.4M, it's gonna struggle to get to $12M, let alone get to "high teens" as Deadline predicts (which is down from last month's tracking of $20-30M)...

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If First Man is really only $1-1.4M, it's gonna struggle to get to $12M, let alone get to "high teens" as Deadline predicts (which is down from last month's tracking of $20-30M)...

lol what. this is walk up movie. look Sully. it did 35M from 1.3 thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

lol what. this is walk up movie. look Sully. it did 35M from 1.3 thursday.

let's see. I don't see higher 22 mln$

Edited by KeepItU25071906

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

lol what. this is walk up movie. look Sully. it did 35M from 1.3 thursday.

Yeah, but that was a "real" $1.3M...if this gets to $1.4M, it has maybe $700K in paid Thursday admissions...

 

And Sully didn't have 2 big holdovers, both taking 1 part each of the 25+ audience...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

lol what. this is walk up movie. look Sully. it did 35M from 1.3 thursday.

Universal apparently bought 14,000 tickets at movie theaters for Vets (first 25 at a theater for Thursday night) Although I don't know if those are calculated in the preview number or if the ones that are calculated are the ones that got redeemed. 

 

Imo we won't know where First Man is heading until we get the Friday number. 

Edited by Nova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that First Man and Regal did a "Vets get in free" promotion, but where's the source that it was worth $700K or $750K? If there's an actual source that proves it, then cool, but I have my doubts that it's worth that much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I know that First Man and Regal did a "Vets get in free" promotion, but where's the source that it was worth $700K or $750K? If there's an actual source that proves it, then cool, but I have my doubts that it's worth that much.

It was 14,000 tickets apparently. I got that 700k from people on this forum thinking it was sourced :ph34r: But I looked it up and it was 14,000 so roughly $150K but again we don't know if those were calculated or not anyways 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nova said:

It was 14,000 tickets apparently 

Okay, I found a source, but those 14,000 tickets weren't all used. The offer was only given to 500 Regal theaters, and it was going to be given on a first come first served basis, meaning the first 25 service members who showed up would get in. So already that's just 12,500 tickets if all of them were sold. I doubt all of them were used, and I doubt only vets purchased tickets to the point where it would be around 70% of all the tickets sold. Bit too much of a stretch, especially when it's only 500 theaters out of 3,640 (less than 15%). At most, this promotion only boosted the previews up to $125K, maybe $200K IMO

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.