Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

Just now, filmlover said:

I doubt it. Movie's gonna get a slew of tech nods plus acting nods for Gosling and Foy. That should be enough to keep it in the race, albeit in the bottom half.

I'm kind of thinking it turns into a Steve Jobs like contender going forward, reviews really aren't all that glowing, and there's quite a few other movies I think might cause it to be overlooked.

• Astonished 1

Just now, PANDA said:

I'm kind of thinking it turns into a Steve Jobs like contender going forward, reviews really aren't all that glowing, and there's quite a few other movies I think might cause it to be overlooked.

Movie's got a higher MC score than Steve Jobs had and will make almost as much in its first weekend as that film made in its entire run. This year is lacking in strong "bottom half" contenders and could get even weaker depending on what happens to the Annapurna movies given their recent troubles.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt it. Movie's gonna get a slew of tech nods plus acting nods for Gosling and Foy. That should be enough to keep it in the race, albeit in the bottom half.

Plus they have to fill 9-10 slots(or maybe that changed)

4 hours ago, AJG said:

That's because of annoying morons that are determined to hate it before they see it.

Lol there's no flag in First Man when he lands on the moon?  Okay, you don't have to be some cheesy jingoistic nut to find that weird.  The whole point of the moon mission was a reaction the Russians being the first in space.

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Lol there's no flag in First Man when he lands on the moon?  Okay, you don't have to be some cheesy jingoistic nut to find that weird.  The whole point of the moon mission was a reaction the Russians being the first in space.

the flag's in the movie kanye.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DAR said:

Plus they have to fill 9-10 slots(or maybe that changed)

I believe they have to nominate 5 with the option of getting up to 10 unless they changed that again this year but I know the last few years its been 5 with the option of 10 

Edited by Nova
  • Thanks 2