Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol there's no flag in First Man when he lands on the moon?  Okay, you don't have to be some cheesy jingoistic nut to find that weird.  The whole point of the moon mission was a reaction the Russians being the first in space. 

DpBHnToXoAEASTo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The flag's in the movie. In fact, there are probably about 4 or 5 different shots of the flag. Moron trolls are only upset because it doesn't painstakingly show the flag being planted on the moon because Chazelle decided a character arc was more important than a flag.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol there's no flag in First Man when he lands on the moon?  Okay, you don't have to be some cheesy jingoistic nut to find that weird.  The whole point of the moon mission was a reaction the Russians being the first in space.

Where did you heard that ?

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Hopefully Universal won't force First Man onto the home market by the time Oscar noms are announced so that it can have an IMAX re-release.

Right now, you are usually looking at a 90 day window from theatrical to VOD rental and Digital EST. It will hit on VOD and EST in early Jan right in time for Oscar nominations and awards season.

I know that these early numbers could easily change. Ugh, if First Man gets 17mil I will be pissed because I predicted 22mil.Ugh, I knew that I should have gone lower. The film looks boring as all get out.  Deadline's other numbers would be great for my derby. 

I've been thinking for weeks now that First Man will under perform at the Oscars and I see no reason to change my mind. I also think that the studio was expecting 120mil gross so if First Man only ends up doing 75mil I think those would be disappointing numbers. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Where did you heard that ?

AJG posted quotes about people bitching there was no flag so I assumed thats what they were talking about

i've seen zero marketing for this movie and I didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago

Edited by Ozymandias

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

It's an older skewing movie and the w/e multiple should be at least  20x

Finest Hours    .38/ 27.4x
Bridge of Spies .50/ 30.7x
Patriots Day .56 / 20.7
The Post .78 / 29.7x
Sully 1.35/ 25.9x
Mag 7 1.75/19.8x

So, with Deadline and Variety both rolling with $17M, we'd be looking at 15.45x...unless First Man goes even lower for the weekend...seems like none of your comps are gonna be on point...

I just wanna say that i don't get the love gaga is getting for A Star is Born. She was just reciting lines. I think people are blinded by her singing the songs...which was good, but an actress she is not.

You can tell Bradley Cooper is an actor. He was great. Movie is so so, mostly good.

Edited by Alli
  • ...wtf 3
  • Knock It Off 2

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

AJG posted quotes about people bitching there was no flag so I assumed thats what they were talking about

i've seen zero marketing for this movie and I didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago

By now it is safe to not take as factual the words of bitching people on the Internet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

I just wanna say that i don't get the love gaga is getting for A Star is Born. She was just reciting lines. I think people are blinded by her singing the songs...which was good, but an actress she is not.

You can tell Bradley Cooper is an actor. He was great. Movie is so so, mostly good.

Mr negativity strikes again 

https://deadline.com/2018/10/first-man-landing-1m-from-thursday-night-shows-early-b-o-read-1202481481/

Venom’ Injecting Near $30M In Second Weekend; ‘First Man’ Is Third With $17M+

first-man-review.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1
Universal Pictures
by Anthony D'Alessandro

3RD UPDATE, Friday 2:45PM:  The weekend once again belongs to Sony’s Venom and Warner Bros.’ A Star Is Born, which are respectively looking at second weekends of $29.6M (-63%) and $27M (-37%). Whether A Star Is Born beats Venom this weekend will be determined by whether more adults turn out in big numbers versus Vernom‘s young males. Ten-day totals by Sunday for Venom and and A Star Is Born will stand at $136.7M and $93M.

• Like 3

What an absolutely awesome Epic day for me today. First I saw bad times at the El Royale which was not good. But then at the same theater they were playing the original Ghostbusters and then I saw Robert Redford's last film called The Old Man and the gun and that was good and now half an hour from now I am seeing the original Halloween for the first time in my life on the big screen. It doesn't get much better than that.

• Like 12
  • Astonished 2