sfran43

Tuesday Numbers

https://deadline.com/2018/10/a-star-is-born-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-oscars-box-office-100-million-mark-1202484538/

For the third midday to date in its run, A Star Is Born beat Venom in daily grosses: The pic did so last Thursday, on Monday and last night edging out the Tom Hardy fanged superhero, $3.95M to $3.75M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I think Venom should win Tuesday

nope

Deadline

For the third midday to date in its run, A Star Is Born beat Venom in daily grosses: The pic did so last Thursday, on Monday and last night edging out the Tom Hardy fanged superhero, $3.95M to $3.75M

• Thanks 1

Let’s face it, not all adult-oriented awards contenders are slam dunks at the box office, particularly when they are wide releases: Just ask Universal and DreamWorks who hoped their astronaut drama First Man would launch to $20M in three-days, and it’s at $19.1M through five-days.

Third Man was at 17.3m after 4 days so Tuesday brought in around 1.8m. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MaxAggressor said:

Let’s face it, not all adult-oriented awards contenders are slam dunks at the box office, particularly when they are wide releases: Just ask Universal and DreamWorks who hoped their astronaut drama First Man would launch to $20M in three-days, and it’s at $19.1M through five-days.

Third Man was at 17.3m after 4 days so Tuesday brought in around 1.8m. 

Same as Bridge of Spies. Nearly identical sunday, monday and tuesday https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=coldwar2015.htm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

I'd like to think ASIB can make it to 200 but not sure if it will have enough.

It's bound to get a decent-sized re-release during awards season so if it comes close enough (as in $190M+) it will get past the mark.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

https://deadline.com/2018/10/a-star-is-born-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-oscars-box-office-100-million-mark-1202484538/

For the third midday to date in its run, A Star Is Born beat Venom in daily grosses: The pic did so last Thursday, on Monday and last night edging out the Tom Hardy fanged superhero, $3.95M to $3.75M.

I was really expecting ASIB to beat Venom dailies by a significant margin! These $10k-$20k differences are meh!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

are you going to a preview tomorrow?

I can't unfortunately.  I can't get the night off work.  But I have my ticket for the noon showing on Friday.

What about you?

1 minute ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

I can't unfortunately.  I can't get the night off work.  But I have my ticket for the noon showing on Friday.

What about you?

kind of debating due to work getting in the way too and I can't do too late either.  

I may try to go to a non-reserve seating theater up the road, but not sure I want to come back at night alone to my empty house  :lol:

but I'll try to get there tomorrow