Eric Atreides

Monster Hunter | December 2020...for now | Sony/Screen Gems | based on the Capcom game | From Paul W. S. Anderson

Idk I think this looks fun as hell. Anderson doesn't give me a ton of confidence, but the set-pieces look cool and this type of movie is right in his wheelhouse. And that is IMPRESSIVE if this is only a 40M budget (honestly would have expected 100M+ after watching that trailer). Effects and action look really good.

Hoping it gets a theatrical release (whenever that is). Definitely would be a much better experience than watching this on a laptop.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

BTW the budget on this is 40M according to Scott Mendelsen. Pretty impressive that Anderson was able to pull off such a movie on that budget in today's day and age. Sounds too low. Maybe it's 50-55M. Still would be great. Has potential in the overseas markets. 

oh wow that's crazy! Monsters look superb so obviously SFX is not what eats up the budget or some 200m+ budget movies would have better SFX. Which they don't.

Yeah, this tons of looks fun. What are the chances that Jovovich has a Blood of the Dragon moment? 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Considering how easily gamers get mad over the most stupid shit, and get things they hate closer to a 40:60 ratio, that's actually pretty good. 

THIS. This this this this. I remember when I worked as an usher I made the mistake of casually asking "how was it" as I was letting out Warcraft on opening night.

My god I could not get rid of those dudes for like half an hour as they tried to whine to me about Warcraft lore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

THIS. This this this this. I remember when I worked as an usher I made the mistake of casually asking "how was it" as I was letting out Warcraft on opening night.

My god I could not get rid of those dudes for like half an hour as they tried to whine to me about Warcraft lore.

Good thing Monster Hunter isn't a lore based series lol

• Like 1