aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

https://deadline.com/2018/10/halloween-record-opening-weekend-box-office-1202485871/

In estimates tonight, Universal/Miramax/Blumhouse’s Halloween is being projected by our industry sources at around $10M, which arguably is the second-best preview night for a horror pic after New Line’s It banked $13.5M from 3,500 theaters on Sept 7, 2017.

Remember the rules. No spoilers, don't be a dick, have fun.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Don't see why this wouldn't be any less front-loaded than a movie like Venom (it certainly has its fans) and it wont be able to play to the family audience as hard as Venom did. Still, I could be wrong and 10M could lead to 91M ala It. But I think 8-10M indicated an opening in the 70s 

The question is, did Deadline learn from their mistakes with reporting Venom's previews 3M below what they actually were? Or are they low-balling once again?

• Like 3

To be fair, who the hell WOULDN'T want a movie owning the top October domestic opening weekend record to be called "Halloween".

I like Venom well enough, but it would just seem so fitting. And this is probably the only shot at this happening, so heck yeah I'm cheering for that record. 

• Like 5

IT's Multi would give 91 ow. If it's more front-loaded beating Venom still is on track with the same 10 previews.

btw RT Aud score is 82% atm.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

I think it’ll be more frontloaded than both IT and the Nun for obvious reasons. 

This is a 40 year old franchise. It’s a slasher film. A 9 year wait. The sequels all had a huge element of fan rush and frontloading. 

It’ll definitely drop on Saturday and I wouldn’t be shocked with a big one. 

I’m so excited to see it tonight 

• Like 2