baumer

Suspiria (2018)

Grade it  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

17 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

I simultaneously really want to and never want to see it again.

I didn't have any really major problems with the film other than some weird filmmaking choices they tried to use. I also think the film definitely could've been cut down just a little bit

I really wanna rewatch it again though. I have a feeling it would be an all-around better viewing experience.

• Like 1

This shit fucking rules. Not sure I cared for the old man swinton stuff(though it is a better performance than the gimmick of it made me think it was gonna be. Also I was holding a piss for the last four acts so I guess that made me naturally unenthusiastic about the slowest subplot). All the dance academy stuff is A++ though. Some of my favourite sequences of the year.

definitely outdoes the original in a few aspects but not sure it's better overall. Would need to see it again. Definitely my favourite film from Guadagnino so far tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally saw this. The original Suspiria is my #2 favourite horror film ever, so i didnt really want to see this remake. But a friend convinced me so here i am, having watched it and its... fine i guess?

Its really well made. The last 30 minutes are baffling in an ... interesting way. Im hesitant to call it good or bad. Its just ... interesting.

The film is too fucking long though and the pacing is off in a few places. I really liked Sith Lord Tilda Swintons dance sessions. The film has a lot of genuinely creepy moments and Mia Goth is excellent, as is Dakota Johnson.

As a german, the side story with the RAF made not half as much sense as the Holocaust themes. It felt out of place and kind of forced.

All in all its not a bad film but i probably will never watch it again.