Eric Atreides

Three Thousand Years of Longing | August 26, 2022 | MGM | GEORGE MILLER'S NEXT MOVIE | Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton | Coming to Cannes!

14 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

what that mean?

In any way indicative of quality?

A Cannes premiere is an honor for anyone, no matter which slot it's in.  That said, this could mean a million different things.  It could be the studio thinking the film hasn't a chance in the main competition, yes, but equally the Cannes jury wants to honor the film but doesn't think it quite fits in with the competitive slots that year.  They could also have been told privately that it may not be the final-final cut, yet, which is sometimes the case.  It's a George Miller joint -- the film will most certainly be, at the very least, worth watching.  

• Like 1

From the ~20 seconds of footage available so far, sure seems like this has the potential to commercially deliver, especially if the $65ish million budget figure I've read is at all accurate… looks like a movie that'll benefit from the theatrical experience.

2 hours ago, porginchina said:

From the ~20 seconds of footage available so far, sure seems like this has the potential to commercially deliver, especially if the $65ish million budget figure I've read is at all accurate… looks like a movie that'll benefit from the theatrical experience.

Also, they picked a good time to release a full trailer. They’re allowing the trailer to play in front of most of the Summer blockbusters like Top Gun, Jurassic, etc. And with the late August date, not much is going on in August, so people will be left wanting to see a good movie. I see this outgrossing The Northman domestically or at least rivaling that movie.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:59 AM, SLAM! said:

Also, they picked a good time to release a full trailer. They’re allowing the trailer to play in front of most of the Summer blockbusters like Top Gun, Jurassic, etc. And with the late August date, not much is going on in August, so people will be left wanting to see a good movie. I see this outgrossing The Northman domestically or at least rivaling that movie.

I think it will barely outgross it domestically due to lack of competition.

38M DOM/55M WW

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

pleasantly surprised tilda is in a george miller film and it doesn't look like one of her overly mannered quirky wig performances.

She's done so many of these lately I forgot why I liked her in the first place.

• Like 1