SLAM!

Slam! Movie Reviews (my Year Four thread)

Oh, hello there!

I see you've found my humble little website! I do film reviews here!

(I mean, what else would I review, really?!)

I am dedicated to giving people my honest opinion regarding films that I like and films that I don't like, and I'm willing to cover films both big and small! My personal mission, as a critic, is to have my readers be aware of the films that provide a healthy balance of technical mastery, entertainment value, and storytelling prowess!

I'm willing to review films on request, so if you've a film you want me to review, I'll review it!

It is my solemn hope that I provide you with honest, engaging, and thought-provoking movie reviews over time!

- Slambros

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

How many movies do you plan to review until then?

I'm not sure quite yet. College is pretty strenuous on me at the moment so if I did start reviews now, I'd only do a few at a time. But I would certainly choose to review the predecessors of sequels that are almost guaranteed to come out in ththe forthcoming year.

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

I'm not sure quite yet. College is pretty strenuous on me at the moment so if I did start reviews now, I'd only do a few at a time. But I would certainly choose to review the predecessors of sequels that are almost guaranteed to come out in ththe forthcoming year.

Well there’s no guarantee any movies are coming out next year.

But if you want to prepare ahead I can look through the announced stuff and send a list.

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Well there’s no guarantee any movies are coming out next year.

But if you want to prepare ahead I can look through the announced stuff and send a list.

Sure, I'll take a look at a list! That'd be a big help!

May I ask you what you mean when you say there's no guarantee movies are coming out next year?

12 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Sure, I'll take a look at a list! That'd be a big help!

May I ask you what you mean when you say there's no guarantee movies are coming out next year?

Each year has deadlines (even if they’re often extended) and out of all the movies that are announced beforehand I think less than half (generous estimate) tend to get finished either due to lack of interest, story problems or time. Until a film is posted in full, nothing should be taken as certainty.

I had several films announced for Year 4 myself but had to delay all of them because I got stressed out.

Edited by cookie

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

Each year has deadlines (even if they’re often extended) and out of all the movies that are announced beforehand I think less than half (generous estimate) tend to get finished either due to lack of interest, story problems or time. Until a film is posted in full, nothing should be taken as certainty.

I had several films announced for Year 4 myself but had to delay all of them because I got stressed out.

I feel like that could easily happen to me, too. :sweat:

But that's alright! That makes a lot of sense to me!

30 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Hey, just out of curiosity, how far along are you in the reading of the Y4 films? I just want to get a feel for how everyone who's not finished yet is doing so I can plan out potential dates for opening up nominations/finding the ceremony date.

I'm just now dipping into the July films; my pursuit of reading the first two Odyssey queries before the third one has caused a bit of a lull in my progression but I'm managing for sure.

4 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Review Poison and Wine series....I dare you

I can certainly read those when I can!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Slambros did you like Johnny Test? :Venom:

Johnny Test gave me PTSD from all the times I tried to watch Cartoon Network and got unwillingly bombarded by all those reruns inexplicably aired every single Saturday afternoon.

The query certainly achieved its intended goal of being an appalling adaption with frightening real-world implications on Hollywood as a whole.

(:rofl:)

Edited by Slambros
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1