NickDisney13

Five Feet Apart | Lionsgate | March 22, 2019 | Cole Sprouse, Haley Lu Richardson

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/haley-lu-richardson-cole-sprouse-five-feet-apart-1202826154/

CBS Films and Lionsgate have set a March 22 release for romance-drama “Five Feet Apart,” starring Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson.

The duo is portraying cystic fibrosis patients in the same hospital, where strict rules dictate that they must stay five feet apart at all times. As the connection intensifies, so does their willingness to defy the rules that govern every moment of their lives. Kimberly Hebert Gregory, Parminder Nagra, Emily Baldoni, Gary Weeks, and Moises Arias also star.

Justin Baldoni is directing from a script by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis. Producers are Cathy Schulman, whose credits include best picture winner “Crash” and “The Foreigner,” and Baldoni.

“Five Feet Apart” is the first title to be dated for March 22.

• Like 1

I've been rooting for Haley Lu Richardson ever since I saw her in Columbus. I think she has real acting talent and that she is definitely capable of elevating material such as this.

Cole Sprouse, too. He and his brother took a break from the limelight to go to college, when they could have easily crashed and burned after gaining superstardom; that alone makes me confident, and I've never even seen Riverdale.

12 hours ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

This movie was pretty lame tbh

I thought it was just okay but it really would've been a total piece of mush if it weren't for the gift that is Haley Lu Richardson, especially with the third act that worked overtime to draw tears from the audience. Also pretty lame that

Spoiler

in a movie where one of the two leads dying by the end is expected that the GBF was the one to bite the dust. I highly doubt indulging in the "bury your gays" trope was at all their intention but still cringe-inducing nonetheless.