WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

28 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Wait, wait, wait…doesn’t Lucius being Maximus’s son basically mean that Maximus was having an affair with Connie Nielsen’s character prior to his wife and son’s death? Not sure I’m on board with that if thats the case considering Maximus was always portrayed as a loving husband and this would cheapen that. Hopefully she just means it metaphorically or something.

His sons were kinda the same age. A couple years gap maybe? And Lucius being older than the other son. Max and Lucy could be lovers before he married 

Edited by cinema pal

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Wait, wait, wait…doesn’t Lucius being Maximus’s son basically mean that Maximus was having an affair with Connie Nielsen’s character prior to his wife and son’s death? Not sure I’m on board with that if thats the case considering Maximus was always portrayed as a loving husband and this would cheapen that. Hopefully she just means it metaphorically or something.

He had an affair with Nielsen before he met and married his wife, so I don't think it cheapens that. Also Ridley confirmed Lucius is Maximus' son a year ago or two, I think the first movie had a couple of hints. I'm not a fan of this twist myself, but for different reasons, I think it's just unnecessary.

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

He had an affair with Nielsen before he met and married his wife, so I don't think it cheapens that. Also Ridley confirmed Lucius is Maximus' son a year ago or two, I think the first movie had a couple of hints. I'm not a fan of this twist myself, but for different reasons, I think it's just unnecessary.

If it’s before then that’s fine, it’s not an affair. Not to be all mr morals with a fictional character. I agree though, it does feel unnecessary, but maybe it’ll feel more justified in the film itself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I'm startin to feel this could be 300M big - domestic

I was on this boat but i think the closer we get the more i feel like it’ll only hit half that. Lets see

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TMP said:

I was on this boat but i think the closer we get the more i feel like it’ll only hit half that. Lets see

I think this is the first movie that is aimed at the older men who enjoyed TG2. I think it has potential. Rumors say it's good. 70M OW i say for now, with high possibility for more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I think this is the first movie that is aimed at the older men who enjoyed TG2. I think it has potential. Rumors say it's good. 70M OW i say for now, with high possibility for more.

I think this would be a $400m+ monster if it had the level of care that something like TG2 did but the trailers never felt anything more than fine. I just dont know if it looks good enough to not be seen as a disappointment. Hoping to be wrong

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Maggie said:

I'm startin to feel this could be 300M big - domestic

eh, On paper it should be, a sequel to a beloved Oscar winning original that is still referenced to this day, but the hype feels muted. I feel the first trailer did too much damage and it hasn't been able to shake off the "unnecessary sequel" label.