sfran43

Weekend Thread : Asgardian #'s on p.17 ~ 19.6M Saturday

Actually, all the non-Marvel/Pixar Disney movies this year have either straight-up bombed (Solo, A Wrinkle in Time, and now Nutcrackers) or underperformed (Christoper Robin), so Disney might want to consider producing even fewer movies on their own.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Oh boy guys, got my tickets for Dark Phoenix for tonight! Had to get ‘em early cause they were going fast, especially after New Mutants earlier this year, everyone just can’t get enough X-Men!

I'm a bit surprised Fox put Dark Phoenix up against Inhumans.

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Hejira said:

Actually, all the non-Marvel/Pixar Disney movies this year have either straight-up bombed (Solo, A Wrinkle in Time, and now Nutcrackers) or underperformed (Christoper Robin), so Disney might want to consider producing even fewer movies on their own.

Well, Disney has it's mega verticals with superheroes and live action remakes and animation. That is enough for now. They will run out of stories to retell in a few years though and that is one major vertical gone. IMO, it will be such a missed opportunity if Disney doesn't uses the Fox acquisition beyond their streaming service and Marvel rights. WB has proven horror is one of the most profitable and less risky genres. Disney should use the Fox banner for more adult fare. 

https://deadline.com/2018/11/bohemian-rhapsody-nutcracker-weekend-box-office-tiffany-haddish-nobodys-fool-1202494598/

Disney’s $120M young female production The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is expected to be pounded to dust this weekend with an opening around $20M at 3,766 theaters, 69% of that count offering 3D with 202 Premium Large Format screens and 150 D-BOX/4D auditoriums. Previews began at 6PM last night and only made $625K which is the lowest preview night for Disney in quite some time.

This would be funny if that didn't mean my club was dead.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

A Wrinkle in Time did 1.3mil, Nutcracker did less than half of that number. 

loooooooooooooooool

Good thing the winter game deadline got extended. I need to drop this from my preseason now that it probably won't even hit 55M

• Haha 1