Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 5 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

On second thought @Xillix

Child Support will move to May 21st

Gadget will move back to July 9th

Valkyries will move to August 13th 

101 Ways Rich will move to June 4th (wide release)/May 28th limited 

Gil’s will move to September 24th

Well looks like November is sorting itself out. Heart's Song and Christmas Time Again may impact one another since they are both musical romances, but aside from maybe a drama film coming out Thanksgiving weekend the second half of the month looks solid.

Put a kid animation on the 5th and a drama of some sort on the 12th and you got a pretty good month.

August 13th still looks like a terror though with Valkyries coming in.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

August 13th still looks like a terror though with Valkyries coming in.

At least one of them should move to Labor Day since it’s empty right now.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xillix said:

Friday, December 3rd

The Associates - Superhero/Noir - Ryan Coogler - IMAX

Friday, December 10th

Earthsong Volume II: The Mandragora - Fantasy - Julie Taymor

Heart's Song - Animation/Musical/Romance - Darla K. Anderson

Friday, December 17th

The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars Part II - Sci-Fi - Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck - IMAX

Wednesday, December 22nd

Children of Eden - Biblical Epic/Musical - Alfonso Cuaron - IMAX (split with SWII)

Paradise Island - Drama - Greta Gerwig

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - CG Animation/Comedy - Daron Nefcy

December is looking unusually stacked. I’m expecting quite a bit of film canabilism. Then again I’d bet a good strawpenny that half of the films up won’t make it.

Just now, cookie said:

After the massive October onslaught it’s not like it’s going to do all that well.

And Heart’s Song is supposed to be PG...

Not to mention American Dragon 3 is slated for the 5th. 

Heart Song vs The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl should be an interesting match up box office wise.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

After the massive October onslaught it’s not like it’s going to do all that well.

And Heart’s Song is supposed to be PG...

There's nothing in October that would be a weight on a kid animation opening on 11/5. I am super excited for Fantasia 3 but let's not pretend that it is going to be a monster at the box office. Star Fox will be in its 4th weekend.

Also it doesn't need to be a big animation. Even something along the size of say Smallfoot IRL would be suitable.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

December is looking unusually stacked. I’m expecting quite a bit of film canabilism. Then again I’d bet a good strawpenny that half of the films up won’t make it.

Heart's Song moving to 11/19 helps a bit. Still think opening a major film the weekend after Thanksgiving is a mistake.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

December is looking unusually stacked. I’m expecting quite a bit of film cannibalism. Then again I’d bet a good strawpenny that half of the films up won’t make it.

Tamara to the competition

giphy.gif

Tamara to the competition

giphy.gif

If anything Tamara may be the most damaged. Sure it’s R rated but Earthsong 2 is the week before, reddroasts Superhero flick and Cookie Pictures likely still marketing Heart Song might dampen things. Not to mention Eden the week after.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

There's nothing in October that would be a weight on a kid animation opening on 11/5. I am super excited for Fantasia 3 but let's not pretend that it is going to be a monster at the box office. Star Fox will be in its 4th weekend.

Also it doesn't need to be a big animation. Even something along the size of say Smallfoot IRL would be suitable.

Heart's Song moving to 11/19 helps a bit. Still think opening a major film the weekend after Thanksgiving is a mistake.

Not to mention Star Fox maybe PG-13, Heart Song moving to the 19th is a smart move as it faces double competition from both of its demographics (Squirrel Girl and Eden for families and females) sure Santa may be a small problem though but I think both would co exist.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If anything Tamara may be the most damaged. Sure it’s R rated but Earthsong 2 is the week before, reddroasts Superhero flick and Cookie Pictures likely still marketing Heart Song might dampen things. Not to mention Eden the week after.

Stop giving him reasons to PG-13 it :sparta:

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Stop giving him reasons to PG-13 it :sparta:

If it’s PG-13, it would hurt even worse than if it were R rated, as they are much more competition that will harm the demographics even more. Not to mention we’d all likely roast @cookie on the rating change.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Disbelief 1

Don't make me swap TSW2 and A Crackle in Time's dates just so Squirrel Girl can die first.

13 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

When's the last movie that was successful on that post-Thanksgiving weekend IRL? The Last Samurai?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Don't make me swap TSW2 and A Crackle in Time's dates just so Squirrel Girl can die first.

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Do that and I’ll move Lost Earth to face SkyRiders.

Do that and I'll put Voltron next to Dragon Ball.

Do that and Brother Bear next to Heart Song or Duck 2.5 which ever one you care about most.

giphy.gif

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Do that and Brother Bear next to Heart Song or Duck 2.5 which ever one you care about most.

But if Scrooge 2.5 is already next to Squirrel Girl, you'll just screw Squirrel Girl even further by moving Brother Bear there

4a4.gif