sfran43

Weekend Thread ~ The Grinch 67m+ per DHD

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week's releases:

Fantastic Beasts: 2:08. Attachments unknown (Aquaman and The Mule?)

Green Book: 2:03. Attachments are Welcome to Marwen, On the Basis of Sex, and Schindler's List 25th Anniversary.

Instant Family: 1:53. Attachments are Bumblebee and Wonder Park.

Widows has not been uploaded yet

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week's releases:

Fantastic Beasts: 2:08. Attachments unknown (Aquaman and The Mule?)

Green Book: 2:03. Attachments are Welcome to Marwen, On the Basis of Sex, and Schindler's List 25th Anniversary.

Instant Family: 1:53. Attachments are Bumblebee and Wonder Park.

Widows has not been uploaded yet

Detective Pikachu just got a trailer classified, so it'll likely go with Beasts.

• Astonished 1

https://deadline.com/2018/11/the-grinch-bohemian-rhapsody-weekend-box-office-1202498901/

Illumination-Universal’s animated feature The Grinch lifted $2.2M last night from Thursday previews at 3,200 locations.

The Dr. Seuss classic, Universal’s second go-round with the property after a 2000 Ron-Howard-directed live action version that was the highest grossing film of that year with $260M stateside, is expected to make $60M per tracking, but some box office analysts believe this film is going much higher in U.S./Canada, between $70M-$80M at 4,141 theaters. Advance ticket sales on Fandango are pacing ahead of Illumination’s Sing from Dec. 2016, which had a five-day launch of $55.8M.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Coco did $2,3m last year...

HT3 did $2,6m in July. 

I'm not sure what to think of that number. 

It's a bit unfair, at least to me, to use summer movies as a comp. When HT3 came out, kids didn't have to go to school on Friday. For Grinch it's the opposite.

Damn so Overlord not bombing as hard as I thought it would. RT audience score was 91% last night when I checked, so maybe it won’t be rejected by audiences. 13M could happen for the weekend.

Yuck for Spider’s Web. 8M happening.

Not bad start for The Grinch. Was expecting something lower based on how poor some of our company were at our respective theatres. 60M should definitely happen, but I’m hoping for closer to 65M or more at this point.

• Like 3