Creed II: 34/113 (up 13%)

Green Book wide: 5.5M opening, total n/a

Aquaman: 50 (up 11%)/175

Escape Room: 13/32

Creed: 3,300 theaters

Ralph: 3,900

Robin Hood: 2,900

Green Book: 2,400

They're also predicting an $18M/$100M run for Instant Family. @Shawn please tell us that was a typo. :lol:

• Like 1

in the trailer for spider's web (which i have seen 1700 times at the cinema and it's not even out here yet so i'm still not free from it) they're talking about the villain has nuclear launch codes or some bullshit like that, did they just go full mission impossible with this one? dragon tattoo to this is like the jump in nonsense from fast and furious one to fast and furious 8 in one movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

That’s really bad for Spiders Web.

There’s not enough interest in these books anymore, let it lie. Even the much higher profile last one was a big financial miss. 

I thought Overlord would gross under $10m

No. I'm stanning for Overlord and my stanning power will push it over. I don't want horror winning streak to end. 

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

in the trailer for spider's web (which i have seen 1700 times at the cinema and it's not even out here yet so i'm still not free from it) they're talking about the villain has nuclear launch codes or some bullshit like that, did they just go full mission impossible with this one? dragon tattoo to this is like the jump in nonsense from fast and furious one to fast and furious 8 in one movie.

I guess Sony just wanted to give the property one last try and go for a semi-reboot since American versions of the sequels with Fincher/Mara/Craig never materialized so they went with the book that wasn't part of the original series (and I'm guessing had little in common with them judging by the previews for this).

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Exactly! Albino super-villain who wants to destroy the world and nuclear missiles plot in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is like adding ancient prophecies and supernatural elements to Scarface (trust me, they really tried to do this with the upcoming remake), just pure WTF and insanity.

Edited by Firepower

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

It takes a lot for success to cross mediums in general.

Certainly true, even the biggest tv success a la John Hamm, Brian Cranston, almost all the Friends/Lost/Game of Thrones casts, etc... can have an hard time

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Certainly true, even the biggest tv success a la John Hamm, Brian Cranston, almost all the Friends/Lost/Game of Thrones casts, etc... can have an hard time

I'm sure for the Friends cast, what they're making in syndication money probably makes up for any lack of film/tv success afterwards

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm sure for the Friends cast, what they're making in syndication money probably makes up for any lack of film/tv success afterwards

I have no doubt for the 2 others as well to be well set, but yeah the Friend casts and Simpsons voice cast, must be quite something, Friend is still one when not the biggest scripted TV/streaming show on many market most years I think.

• Like 1

2nd update, midday: With Sunday being Veterans Day, moviegoing will spill over to Monday when many schools will have the holiday off, so whatever we’re seeing for Illumination/Universal’s The Grinch now will be so, so much higher by then, and other titles as well. Right now the Benedict Cumberbatch-voiced Dr. Seuss yuletide toon is looking to haul $17M for Friday, $62M for the weekend per industry estimates.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I have no doubt for the 2 others as well to be well set, but yeah the Friend casts and Simpsons voice cast, must be quite something, Friend is still one when not the biggest scripted TV/streaming show on many market most years I think.

The main three on Big Bang Three on the going to live pretty comfortably too.

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

2nd update, midday: With Sunday being Veterans Day, moviegoing will spill over to Monday when many schools will have the holiday off, so whatever we’re seeing for Illumination/Universal’s The Grinch now will be so, so much higher by then, and other titles as well. Right now the Benedict Cumberbatch-voiced Dr. Seuss yuletide toon is looking to haul $17M for Friday, $62M for the weekend per industry estimates.

If the OD is 17.0, I see 62 OW being a stretch. Being very optimistic,

25.2 (+70%/+48%)

18.9 (-25%)

= 61.1 OW

~59 probably more realistic with that Friday.

Edited by a2k

Fox/New Regency/GK Films’ Bohemian Rhapsody is currently eyeing a second Friday of $7.5M, -60% because last Friday’s take included previews, for a second weekend of $26.5M, -48% and 10-day of $95.6M

Paramount’s Overlordwhich cost $38M before P&A, is currently edging out Sony/MGM/New Regency’s The Girl in the Spider Web$10.3M to $9M in their weekend openings. Respectively both will earn an estimated $3.9M and $3.2M today which includes their Thursday previews.

Not the worst for Spider's Web given the awful preview # likely inflated by the Wednesday shows. Not as strong for Overlord as I was hoping, hopefully it increases past 4 to about 4.5 for the day. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Also:

Bohemian: 7.5/26.5

Overlord: 3.9/10.3

Spider’s Web: 3.2/9

Would be a great opening for The Grinch. It should leg it out through Thanksgiving and Christmas to get past 200, possibly 240 from a 60M+ opening. Awful for both Overlord and Spider's Web. Decent but unspectacular hold for Bohemian Rhapsody. Will start falling behind Star is Born by bigger margins going forward.

• Like 1