Rorschach

Y4 - Oscar Picks

Since there are a few people that agree this should get a jump start I’m just gonna go ahead and post this here.

I assume most everyone here knows how this works but for any newcomers, here is the list of categories used here in CAYOM.

Best Picture

Best Animated Feature

Best Director

Best Ensemble

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role

Best Original Screenplay

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Original Score

Best Original Song

Best Cinematography

Best Film Editing

Best Production Design

Best Costumes

Best Makeup and Hairstyling

Best Sound Mixing

Best Sound Editing

Best Visual Effects

Best Use of Action

Since there were only three documentaries released this year, here are the default nominees of Best Documentary Feature:

Spoiler

Bats

The Guardian of the West

Safari Trail

(Maybe I should write a documentary next year to get that easy to get Oscar nom :Venom:)

Anyways, I’m gonna borrow some of @cookie's ground rules from last year to help make this process easy for everyone (minus new addition) :

1. The films you pick for each category MUST be in alphabetical order - we’re not through the nomination process yet where you can go crazy with rankings and shit so just list them in order to make things easy for the time being

2. For the Director/Actor/Actress/Original Score categories, list the people you are nominating in alphabetical order by LAST name.

3. For the song category, list the name of the song first, then the movie it accompanies. Also, please order your picks in alphabetical order like the previous two points.

4. When you send your picks to me (via PM (DO NOT POST IT PUBLICALLY)), list it under the subject “Y4 Oscar Picks [insert username here]”. I will send a message either saying “counted” or “got it” when I have added up your vote.

5. Lastly, I know a few people that have posted films this game year were not all able to read every film this game year. That’s okay. You can still participate in voting this year’s Oscars. HOWEVER, I do have two ground rules for this: 1). I will ask that you refrain from participating in the current picks process. I say it's only fair that those who have spent time reading through everything and to everyone who took the time and effort to create their films for everyone else to enjoy. The last thing I want is for someone to blindly vote for everything. 2). You may only vote for the Best Picture (granted that you’ve read all the nominees). If one or more of the nominees is a sequel to a film or multiple films from previous years and you have not read them, I will ask that you go back and read those films. This will hopefully allow you to judge the films more fairly and rank them accordingly. If you have trouble finding any films, PM me and I will gladly provide you a link to the film(s).

Again, these are only guidelines to help make this process go more smoothly.

Seeing as there are still a few people working on reviews, I ask that you take your time with this. By all means, I don’t wanna rush anyone. For this, I’m not setting an official deadline yet. Though, if at all possible, I would like to announce the nominees before Thanksgiving. There is also no hard date for the ceremony yet, though by my guess, it’ll be either of the first two Sundays in the month of December.

One final thing: in the spirit of this past election and every single ad before every Youtube video I've watched these past few months...

vote.png?fit=500,500&ssl=1

As of now, you may start sending in your ballots. Let's make this a ceremony to never forget ;)

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I disagree about starting this yet IMO.

Too many people not finished.

I mean I was originally hoping to have hosted the ceremony over Thanksgiving break but I'm fine with allowing people more time to do stuff. That's why I haven't set an official deadline yet.

5 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So i do not need to review all of the films i just need to read them to put in my Oscar picks @Rorschach?

No, you do not need to give reviews to them. I would say that after the nominees are announced, you can read all of them in order to vote in each of the categories. The only thing I would note is that you should probably announce to everyone that you've read through all of them.

If you can't find the time to read every single film, I would say that you should only be able to vote for the Best Picture category.

Edited by Rorschach

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

No, you do not need to give reviews to them. I would say that after the nominees are announced, you can read all of them in order to vote in each of the categories. The only thing I would note is that you should probably announce to everyone that you've read through all of them.

If you can't find the time to read every single film, I would say that you should only be able to vote for the Best Picture category.

I am going to read them all. Ill give you my picks asap

2 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I meant after the official nominations are announced. Not the current picks selection. Unless, you're actually going to go through all of them now.

I mean it'd be kinda silly to make picks to affect the nominations when you've not read everything... but it'd also be 100% accurate to actual Academy voting so. :P

• Haha 2

Some juicy details to know at the moment:

Spoiler

There is currently a big-ass tie in two big categories :Venom:

and...

Spoiler

a contender that most people thought would be a safe bet in a certain category is already in jeopardy of a major, MAJOR snub :ohmygod:

Edited by Rorschach

11 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Reveal hidden contents

and...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

If it's Can You Imagine? for Best Picture, I wouldn't be surprised. Sure it's high in the CC thread but only 2 lists have it in their top 5.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Hide contents

Their is currently a big-ass tie in two big categories :Venom:

and...

Hide contents

a contender that most people thought would be a safe bet in a certain category is already in jeopardy of a major, MAJOR snub :ohmygod:

Interesting I wonder who is getting snubbed