Rorschach

Y4 - Oscar Picks

Just now, Spagspiria said:

Q3 drops tomorrow.

Q4 comes on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Q4 should wait until after the Oscars, to account for any minor boost for noms/wins for November and (especially) December films

Edited by 4815162342

Also, Imma potentially be without wi-fi this upcoming Thursday and part of the day on Friday so I definitely won't be able to announce any of the tiebreakers (and potentially the nominations) on either of those days. It would have to be before then or on Saturday or Sunday of next weekend.

That is, assuming I get all the remaining ballots in.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Also, Imma potentially be without wi-fi this upcoming Thursday and part of the day on Friday so I definitely won't be able to announce any of the tiebreakers (and potentially the nominations) on either of those days. It would have to be before then or on Saturday or Sunday of next weekend.

That is, assuming I get all the remaining ballots in.

Obviously don't do the tiebreakers on Thanksgiving regardless :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Q4 should wait until after the Oscars, to account for any minor boost for noms/wins for November and (especially) December films

33 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Yeah I think this is a good idea.

I’m somewhat against this mainly as only the Best Picture noms (As only two films in Q4 will likely be in the Best Picture category and it’s a minor boost two) and maybe screenplay have a shot for a minor boost as well as potentially prolonging Y5.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m somewhat against this mainly as only the Best Picture noms (As only two films in Q4 will likely be in the Best Picture category and it’s a minor boost two) and maybe screenplay have a shot for a minor boost.

Big name actor noms can give boosts sometimes.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Big name actor noms can give boosts sometimes.

Still but again I feel only a few of those nominees will help as I’m guessing most of the other would be on home video.

I feel like if we have to wait for Q4 Y4 Totals, it should be right after nominations.

• Like 1