YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT

The East Coast is getting through a massive snowstorm. Theaters around me were forced to close down, and I believe that's the same throughout the coast.

It's still not that great, but let's not panic until at least Sunday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think anything between 60-70 million might happen. However, a 3x multiplier looks hard, if we consider that sequels are usually frontloaded by nature. Less than 200 million domestic seems very real.

What's the budget for this movie?  

$200m,

Even if domestic is less than $200m, OS will likely make up the shortfall. The third film will happen IMO but I suspect there is going to be some creative changes.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Let's not forget the recent "Early Deadline Preview" of 7m for Venom.

(the blizzapocalypse on the East Coast probably makes this more likely than that one, but still...)

The flipside of a low OW thanks to weather means the drop next week could be lower.

Just now, Porthos said:

(the blizzapocalypse on the East Coast probably makes this more likely than that one, but still...)

Yea I’m not trusting Deadline’s early numbers anymore. I appreciate them posting cause it gives us something to talk about but I’m gonna wait until Thursday is actually over especially since this number is mostly from the East Coast which got hit by a bad snow storm out of nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

yeah they had venom at 7M. ridiculous. these early numbers for FB2 are useless. i say it makes 10M