YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

When SNL originally booked this, I'm sure they thought Foy would be building a head of steam thanks to 2 big releases. Now I'm wondering if both will even be playing in a significant amount of theaters by the time December 1 gets here.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

When SNL originally booked this, I'm sure they thought Foy would be building a head of steam thanks to 2 big releases. Now I'm wondering if both will even be playing in a significant amount of theaters by the time December 1 gets here.

I saw that news and thought good for her and I hope that she does well but this movie star coronation is not going well so far.

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It feels like SNL has been having trouble booking hosts this season, or at least timely ones. Their opener was Adam Driver but BlacKkKlansman was on the way out of theaters by then and he had nothing else to promote. Last week they had Liev Schrieber, which felt like a really random choice even for them. I guess all of the obvious choices have been too busy.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

(Weekend wrap-up)

I am one of those who did like the film quite a bit except a few quite silly character decisions but yeah it was definetely a poor decision when it comes to the future of the franchise considering a lot more 'casual' fans would watch it. I guess they won't change the 5 film plan thus far but yeah it's no wonder that they will be feeling less confident about it, a lot.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It feels like SNL has been having trouble booking hosts this season. Their opener was Adam Driver but BlacKkKlansman was on the way out of theaters by then and he had nothing else to promote. Last week they had Liev Schrieber, which felt like a really random choice even for them. I guess all of the obvious choices have been too busy.

Ray Donovan's new season has just premiered, I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I too love The Grinch with unnecessary backstory, pointless subplots, and a rap theme song

I also like Grinch with nice animation, fun slapstick, decent heart and Pharell Williams as a narrator. Sorry you don't care about that stuff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I also like Grinch with nice animation, fun slapstick, decent heart and Pharell Williams as a narrator. Sorry you don't care about that stuff.

nothing in the movie was funny!  it was boring!  the animation looked bad!  pharrell williams was fine but at the end of the day completely unnecessary!

Grinch 2018 was ok, watchable. Not as annoying as I was expecting it to be. Kids had a great time watching it, and the movie was really short.  The Minions short played before the movie, was also cool. I like those little things, though I'm not a kid anymore, lol. 

My kids teach me so many things, it's great to have kids. I started to watch so many cartoons that I didn't even know they existed, lol.  Gotta love them. 

Sure, not everybody loves Ilumination movies, but most of them give a fun ride and that's what most of people are expecting when they go to the cinema. 

• Like 3