YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

Jesus, the over reactions in this thread are ridiculous. There isn’t anything to suggest that this can’t still do 70m OW and 200m DOM. We have 1 preview number which is right around the same ballpark as the first and people are freaking out. Also we have opening day numbers from numerous overseas markets where numbers are up quite a bit. And the bad reviews? As someone whose actually seen then film it was a huge improvement over the first film. Definitely a film made exclusively for the fans though - which explains critics panning it. As a HP fan I couldn’t be happier. Worldwide this will probably come in higher and I can assure you there is a lot more positive word of mouth coming from this film then what this forum would suggest. 

Edited by Lumos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good thing they dated only three of these movies cause I'm getting a strong sense the next one will definitely be the last.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Warner Bros thought not to make the same mistake they made with the DC films and just date up to 2020 for the Fantastic Beasts film

im fully expecting there will be creative changes for the next film, I wouldn’t be shocked if they delay it to 2021 as well, 

Edited by Jonwo

24 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I know we've joked about it before, but it's unbelievable that studios have successfully extended the OW to include showtimes on Tuesday.

well, when your tentpole is gonna have a turkey OW, you do what you gotta do to inflate it. 

Venom didn't need such tricks. :Venom:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

Ralph Breaks the Internet: 1:40. Dumbo and both Toy Story 4 trailers are attachments (don't know if that means both trailers or the theater decides which one to play.) There's also a Thank You attached as well.

Robin Hood: 1:44. Cold Pursuit and Five Feet Apart are attachments.

Creed 2: 2:02. If Beale Street Could Talk, Vice, and The Prodigy are attachments.

Surprised neither Hellboy and especially Chaos Walking aren't getting attached with Robin Hood.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lumos said:

Jesus, the over reactions in this thread are ridiculous. There isn’t anything to suggest that this can’t still do 70m OW and 200m DOM. We have 1 preview number which is right around the same ballpark as the first and people are freaking out. Also we have opening day numbers from numerous overseas markets where numbers are up quite a bit. And the bad reviews? As someone whose actually see then film it was a huge improvement over the first film. Definitely  a film made exclusively for the fans though - which explains critics panning it. As a HP fan I couldn’t be happier. Worldwide this will probably come in higher and I can assure you there is a lot more positive word of mouth coming from this film then then what this forum would suggest. 

Agreed. But over reactions are one of the hallmarks of this forum. Funny to read them all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Surprised neither Hellboy and especially Chaos Walking aren't getting attached with Robin Hood.

Thinking both are getting delayed.

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

Ralph Breaks the Internet: 1:40. Dumbo and both Toy Story 4 trailers are attachments (don't know if that means both trailers or the theater decides which one to play.) There's also a Thank You attached as well.

Robin Hood: 1:44. Cold Pursuit and Five Feet Apart are attachments.

Creed 2: 2:02. If Beale Street Could Talk, Vice, and The Prodigy are attachments.

I'm pretty sure Chaos Walking is getting pushed back with how quiet things have been around it. Maybe to August in hopes of riding on that Avengers/Spider-Man train.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure Chaos Walking is getting pushed back with how quiet things have been around it. Maybe to August in hopes of riding on that Avengers/Spider-Man train.

Tom and Daisy did reshoots in Montreal end of October, beginning of November.  For 2-3 weeks. But nothing can save that turd. 

Us also seems like a movie that should have a trailer already. Get Out had its first trailer 4 months before the movie came out. Us will be out in 4 months, and we've got nothing. Of course, it's not really a movie that needs a trailer so far out, but still.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Us also seems like a movie that should have a trailer already. Get Out had its first trailer 4 months before the movie came out. Us will be out in 4 months, and we've got nothing. Of course, it's not really a movie that needs a trailer so far out, but still.

My guess is that it'll be attached to one of the two December Universal releases (Mortal Engines, Welcome to Marwen).

I’d wait until the Friday numbers come in to try and get an idea of how this weekend will play out. I’m really not sure what the hell the point of Tuesday sneaks are anyways and the fact that they get added into weekends is kinda insane imo but I don’t see how the Tuesday sneaks being as high as they are indicates anything about what the weekend is gonna be like. I mean those who saw it on Tuesday would have seen it on Thursday anyways. I suppose one would could argue that a super super fan saw it on Tuesday and then saw it again on Thursday thus Thursday’s number should be a certain percentage BUT I don’t think the double viewers between Tuesday and Thursday are all that high. 

As for Widows and Instant Family: yikes. 

they're working on a tighter schedule with Us for sure. Get Out wrapped filming March 2016 and Us wrapped filming last month. i'm sure we'll see a trailer with uhh... glass?

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

What about The Rhythm Section? No trailer...i suspect a delay

There isn’t even a poster for that movie. I’d be very very very shocked if that film wasn’t moved at this point. I’d just move it to sometime in 2020 at this point cause 2019 is just one big cluster fuck 

• Sad 1